Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gmanssa
Level 7

Roku Express Mini USB Replacement

Jump to solution

I need to replace the mini USB power cord.  I was looking on Amazon but was confused by the wide selection.  What specs should I consider?

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Express Mini USB Replacement

Jump to solution

@Gmanssa 

Thanks for the inquiry.

You can find more information and replacement accessories for Roku devices on our Support page here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/player

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

If you're looking for a mini usb thats probably where you're having trouble, the correct term is micro-usb. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

6 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Gmanssa 

Thanks for the inquiry.

You can find more information and replacement accessories for Roku devices on our Support page here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/player

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Level 21

Jump to solution

@Gmanssa wrote:

I need to replace the mini USB power cord.  I was looking on Amazon but was confused by the wide selection.  What specs should I consider?

There's nothing all that special about a Roku USB cable.  As long as it has a USB A connecter at one end and a USB mini at the other it should be fine.  This is just used for power, not data, so data ratings are not important here.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

If you're looking for a mini usb thats probably where you're having trouble, the correct term is micro-usb. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

makaiguy
Level 21

Jump to solution

@Tivoburkee wrote:

Good catch, missed that.

The one place you need a USB with a mini connection is if you have a Streaming Stick+.  It has an enhanced wifi receiver that they've located outside the stick into the USB power cord.  This cord connects to the stick via a less common mini connector instead of a micro connector to prevent you from connecting a plain old USB micro cable.  If you have a Streaming Stick+ and do use a plain mini USB cord you'll not be able to connect to your wifi.

For this you need the "USB Power Cable with Long-range Wireless Receiver* found on this page:. https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/streaming-stick.  You can also find it on Amazon and other sources.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Clandry
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi

I have a Roku express ( purchased 7/20 @ Walmart) that needs replacing because the one end of the mini usb was severed., I still have my receipt but Walmart told me I needed to contact Roku RE: replacement. Please help @RokuDanny-R 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Clandry

Thanks for reaching out and providing me with your information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos