Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mike-EEE
Level 8

Roku Express HD Remote is Controlling Two Rokus

We purchased a Roku Premiere+ earlier this year to assign to one TV downstairs, and have a TCL tv that also has its Roku remote.

Everything with this configuration worked fine.  However, the TCL's internal network card went out and while a bit M.C. Escher I went ahead and purchased a Roku Express 2019 to connect a Roku to my Roku. 😆

Anyways, I just set up the Express HD and it turns out that its remote also controls the Premiere+.

Interestingly enough, the Premiere+ remote does not control the Express HD.

I do not see anything obvious to change up the frequencies on the remote.

Help. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4\
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Express HD Remote is Controlling Two Rokus

Sorry, even though the premiere + came with wifi remote, it still  responds to the  Roku IR code set that Express is only using. You can try taping up front of the premiere + so it doesn't accept any IR commands., it will still respond to Wifi roku remote it came with since signal goes through walls and tape.

Or if your roku express is either 3900 or 3930, you can purchase a wifi remote and pair it to the express, so neither will be using an IR remote and so there won't be conflict.

https://www.amazon.com/Roku-Voice-Remote-Official-Players/dp/B07WVFCKSS/ref=pd_ybh_a_19?_encoding=UT...

A express 3700 can't be paired to a wifi remote like the above.

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Mike-EEE
Level 8

Sorry

Yeah, you said it.  That is sorry. 😆

So that's $20 for the Express HD and $20 for the remote... could have gone with another Premiere+!

BTW, I do not see 3900 or 3930 in my product:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WVFCVJN/

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Down the amazon page you linked in a box named Product Information its has listed as the 3930R, so It can be paired with a wifi remote.

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Mike-EEE
Level 8

Yeah... two layers of electrical tape FTW over the Premeire+.  How incredibly lame.

Anyways, I appreciate your assistance @Tivoburkee.  👍 

IT'S UGLY BUT WE GOT THE JOB DONE. 😆