Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PeterH
Level 7

Roku Enhanced Voice Remote with TV power and volume buttons - RC411

Jump to solution

Hi,

My Sharp Roku TV came with a standard IR remote, but since it's in the bedroom, I wish it had an enhanced remote with headphone jack. I know the TV is compatible with an enhanced remote, because I'm using one with a headphone jack from another device, but it doesn't have a power button. I'm considering buying the $29 Roku® Enhanced Voice Remote with TV power and volume buttons, found on the Roku accessories page. On the check out page is says RC411, which I'm assuming is the model number. It's compatible with several players, but it doesn't say that it's compatible with Roku TVs. There are no further details about the remote and there are absolutely no search results on Google for that model number. So I'm wondering:

1) Is that remote compatible with Roku TVs?

2) Or do the power and volume buttons control standard (non-Roku) TVs? If so, then is it possible to get the volume buttons to control a sound bar? This would then be a great replacement for the three remotes in my basement (yay!).

3) There are two buttons in which I can't make out the symbols and I can't enlarge the image. They are located just below the RW, Pause/Play, and FF buttons and just above the preset channel buttons. What is the function of those two buttons? I have a total of 5 Roku devices and none of them have those buttons.

4) If this remote won't work on my Sharp Roku TV, are there any other suggestions? I'm currently using an enhanced remote from another device and simply pressing one of the preset keys turns the TV on, but I haven't found a way to turn it off. I know I can use the Roku app to control my Roku TV, but I prefer a remote with tactile buttons.

Thank you.

[post moved to appropriate board]

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Roku Enhanced Voice Remote with TV power and volume buttons - RC411

Jump to solution

@PeterH Accessories listed in the Roku Player or Streaming Stick categories are not intended for use with Roku TVs, and results may vary. RC411 is not technically supported for use with a Roku TV.

We offer the Roku TV Voice Remote for Roku TVs here that operates wirelessly. This would be the correct remote model to replace your current remote: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/roku-tv

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@PeterH Accessories listed in the Roku Player or Streaming Stick categories are not intended for use with Roku TVs, and results may vary. RC411 is not technically supported for use with a Roku TV.

We offer the Roku TV Voice Remote for Roku TVs here that operates wirelessly. This would be the correct remote model to replace your current remote: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/roku-tv

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
PeterH
Level 7

Jump to solution

@RokuTannerD Thank you for your reply, but does it have a headphone jack? The product description does not indicate that it has one. In my original post, that's the feature that I said I wish my Sharp Roku TV had. My TCL remote has the headphone jack and it works flawlessly on my Sharp. So basically, I'm looking for a replacement for my TCL or any other compatible remote that has the TV power buttons and the headphone jack.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 13

Jump to solution

No, the remote suggested does not have a headphone jack. Yes, the rc411 will work. If you want it now, black Friday sales are on, the 2019 ultra comes with the rc411 remote and is on sale for $49 at walmart, best buy, and Target. Buying just remote is $29.99 plus shipping plus tax you're upto $41.00.

0 Kudos