Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
moonman9
Level 7

Roku Enhanced Voice Remote eating batteries !

I am needing to replace batteries very two days.  The remote is 6 months old.

What gives?  Is this covered under warranty?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
atc98092
Level 13

Re: Roku Enhanced Voice Remote eating batteries !

Are you using the headphone jack on the remote? If so, leaving the headphones plugged in when not in use leaves the audio amp powered on and can drain the batteries exactly as you mention. 

Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
moonman9
Level 7

I never use headphones.  The remote was working fine until a few weeks ago when it started going through batteries every other day. I have two other Rokus w/ remotes that do not exhibit this problem.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

Then yes, it likely is defective. I believe it is covered by a one year warranty, so you should contact Roku support for assistance. Note that this forum is not run by Roku support. 

Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
moonman9
Level 7

Thanks. Do you if they have a phone number or is it just the web support form?

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

This page should get you started. I believe you have to answer some self-help questions before it provides you a contact phone number. https://support.roku.com/contactus It will not be a toll-free number.

Do not do a web search for Roku Support! There are many, many scam sites that offer to help, and they will have a toll-free number, but they will ask for money, or want to connect to your computer. Roku does not charge for support, and they will NEVER ask to connect to your computer. There's nothing that anyone can do on a computer to troubleshoot a Roku. 

Dan
0 Kudos