Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Roku Enhanced Remote Compatibility

I have a 2019 Roku Express and looked online to see if the Roku Enhanced Remote was compatible with it. Sadly, I saw that it was not. Just yesterday I was trying to change a setting and stumbled upon a option to “Pair New Device.” So I clicked on it and then pressed the “Remote” option. The screen then said “To pair a new Roku Enhanced Remote with your Roku player:” Directions to do it then followed. I’m confused.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Level 20

Re: Roku Enhanced Remote Compatibility

Only very 3700 express can not be paired to the wifi remote. Both 2018 express and express +, of course 2019 models are all able to paired to wifi remote.

Edmund
0 Kudos
Level 7

Can I use my roku2 XS wireless remote with the Express +
I tried to pair it after removing and inserting batteries and pressing pairing button on the remote for 5 secs. However, the Express+ cannot see it.
0 Kudos
Level 20

Sorry, but no. the Roku2 XS remote is Bluetooth, where current RF remotes are Wifi Direct.

Edmund
0 Kudos