Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
manovak433
Level 7

Roku Enhanced Remote Compatibility

I have a 2019 Roku Express and looked online to see if the Roku Enhanced Remote was compatible with it. Sadly, I saw that it was not. Just yesterday I was trying to change a setting and stumbled upon a option to “Pair New Device.” So I clicked on it and then pressed the “Remote” option. The screen then said “To pair a new Roku Enhanced Remote with your Roku player:” Directions to do it then followed. I’m confused.
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Enhanced Remote Compatibility

Only very 3700 express can not be paired to the wifi remote. Both 2018 express and express +, of course 2019 models are all able to paired to wifi remote.

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
cslee_work
Level 7

Can I use my roku2 XS wireless remote with the Express +
I tried to pair it after removing and inserting batteries and pressing pairing button on the remote for 5 secs. However, the Express+ cannot see it.
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Sorry, but no. the Roku2 XS remote is Bluetooth, where current RF remotes are Wifi Direct.

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos