Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku Acting Erratically

Hello, so my Roku is suddenly acting strange. Any time I hit the up/down keys, it just keeps scrolling and scrolling and I can't get it to stop on or select what I want. I replaced the batteries and that did not help. I did a hard and soft reset and that did not help. I downloaded the Roku app and tried using the remote on there and it had the exact same response as my physical remote.

I can see the light/sensor in my Roku device flickering and I am starting to think it might not be the remote that is the issue and that I might need to buy a whole new Roku. 😭 Can anyone help? 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Roku Acting Erratically

Check the other remotes in the room for one in a cushion or under something? If its blinking, try standing in front at different angles to see if you block the IR interference from another source, then you find where to look? 

Edmund
Highlighted
Level 7

Thank you. This somehow has worked. I'm not sure how because I only have one other remote and my cell phone, and neither were stuck in a cushion. So it must have been some kind of interference, even though both my phone and other remote were in the same spot the always are haha. Either way, thank you for the help! @Tivoburkee 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

The offending remote doesn't have to be a roku remote, it can be any remote, see its constant IR starts feedback loop that when you press a key on the roku remote it joins in and now is constantly coming and going along with the offending signal. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Yes, I knew it didn't have to be a Roku remote, just very strange as I have those remotes together and near the Roku device all the time and they have never gotten caught in a loop lile that. Of course now my tv remote isn't working 😂 But that's okay, I'm more concerned with the Roku remote. Thanks again! @Tivoburkee 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Probably from a stuck button and the constant emitting IR wore down the batteries of the tv remote. 

Edmund
0 Kudos