Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
boople
Channel Surfer

Roku 4k+ remote will not pair with BENQ HT2550 Projector

Hi guys, I know this is a long shot and may sound nitpicky, but is there a manual method to pair a Roku remote with a BENQ Projector? I've tried the built in Roku settings method but it will not pair, and i'm hoping there's another way (without purchasing a universal remote preferably) , or if support is coming soon? Thanks!

15 REPLIES 15
Brsoo
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku 4k+ remote will not pair with BENQ HT2550 Projector

I am having the same issues. I have had a bunch of roku devices connected to my benq perfectly... What's the deal with the fancy one not connecting?

bboucher7900
Reel Rookie

Same issue.  Does the non pro remote on the 2021 Rokus work?

0 Kudos
bboucher7900
Reel Rookie

Tried the non pro voice remote and it didn’t work either. My old voice remote worked, but it was chewed by my dog so I can’t test it.  I got that remote with my 2020 Express. Neither of my 2021 remotes work. The only variable at this point is the newly released OS so it’s either the 2021 remotes don’t work, or the new OS broke functionality.

0 Kudos
Brsoo
Reel Rookie

It seems the OS stores the remote codes not the actual remote. So it seems a newer OS is updated with newer products and deletes the older ones. I have tried every "universal" remote to get a all in one. And so far it seems I have to do a IR learning remote to get a all in one function. This is awful. Why not just leave more codes in the roku? Or have it download the code for your device? The internet is vast! Make your software use it!

0 Kudos
bboucher7900
Reel Rookie

Wonder if there’s a way to get this to the right person at Roku.  I bought this device because of this feature. Don’t want to have to return it.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@bboucher7900 wrote:

Wonder if there’s a way to get this to the right person at Roku.  I bought this device because of this feature. Don’t want to have to return it.

Bringing this to the attention of Roku employees @RokuDanny-R & @RokuKariza-D

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
giantsbaseball
Channel Surfer

Same with mine. Worked with the last 4K stick. Not the new one. Come on roku! This is silly. Push the old codes to the next update, please! And let us know

0 Kudos
jhondance

Any update on this? (I'm using the HT2500A)

boople
Channel Surfer

Last I tried, it still didn't work, and I have an inkling they won't get it working for these projectors, unless it's on a future product (incentive to upgrade)