Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Maccentric
Level 7

Roku 4 remote stopped controlling volume

I may have done something while I was digging through the menus looking for the subtitle on/off (seems like this should be easier to toggle, but I digress), now my remote no longer controls the volume on my Denon receiver. I see the LED on front of Roku flashing when I hit the buttons but nothing happens.
Any ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
atc98092
Level 13

Re: Roku 4 remote stopped controlling volume

in the Roku menu, I believe under System, is a menu to control other devices. My Sharp Roku TV says "Control Other Devices (CEC)". it used to have a single selection labeled One Touch Play, but I notice my Sharp has a separate System audio control checkbox. Make sure one or both of those are selected. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
RokuDale
Level 8

Re: Roku 4 remote stopped controlling volume

Check for System Audio Control/Mode on your TV/AVR combination. If that is enabled and working, the Roku will send volume control commands directly to the AVR.
0 Kudos