Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cityimpact
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku 4 remote eats batteries like mad, now the batteries only ladt 2 days

Jump to solution

We shall see.  The new remote I ordered from Roku was only 9.99 or 10.86 with tax.   Will post my reactions upon receipt.  (I know Roku was suggesting updating the entire device, but that is an unreasonable expense I think.)   AMENDMENT TO THIS REPLY (September27th):   I received my replacement remote and the problems seem to have disappeared.   It would have been nice if Roku had replaced it, but apparently the warranty has expired.   So, I am happy with my purchase;  I didn't have to replace everything, just the remote, and all is well.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Please be aware that the Roku 4 model devices are older and are most likely no longer under warranty.

If you need a replacement remote for your Roku device, you can purchase a compatible remote on our Products page here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/player.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Titoman85
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Roku has known about this problem for months and has done nothing about it. It seems to be a clever way for them to get everyone to update to the newer models. Just don’t buy the Roku, and don’t support that kind of business practice.

Choppy
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Based on the response i think it may be time to toss the Roku and go with Apple TV,i have no interest in upgrading a working Roku 4 for a defective remote even with the small discount they offered

Titoman85
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku 4 remote eats batteries like mad, now the batteries only last 2 days

Jump to solution

What I have seen these forums, is that if the batteries are draining l, it’s only in the remotes with microphones. That to me means of the microphones are always on.

My remote is in the living room in the center of my house, surrounded by noise, and it dies every three days. I’d bet to see that the people who batteries last a month have theirs in an room where there’s not a lot of noise all day/versus shorter lifespans on remotes in central living areas.  

IlPrincipe
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Ha!  This is so true.  But it varies per remote.  I believe it to be the motherboard.  I think they poorly pass QA and will continue to crush your batteries.  Buy new remotes and hope for the best.  That's what I did.

0 Kudos
DaBoss

Jump to solution

My batteries are draining quickly too. Has to be an actual fix. 

I got a speaker/stream at to go with my roku tv. This came with a new remote.

well this new remote sucks. Please help!

Streamer50
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

My brand new Rokus are eating battery power; I have 4. Did reset mentioned in another post, firmware rtn.4120, model RC608. Voice is on but I can’t figure out how to turn voice off as someone else suggested. I’ll check my other three as well, but battery problem apparently still exists since the Feb. 21 posts and solution of upgraded fix. 

Eddie_T
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I am afraid to try mine again as batteries are too expensive for experimentation. Originally the batteries lasted several months now down to days. I may check my old wall warts to see if I have one with a 3v output. I have of late been using Romoku app on my Chromebook.

0 Kudos
Eddie_T
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Roku should replace our remotes ASAP. Maybe we should make our comments of displeasure on their facebook or youtube pages for all to see!

0 Kudos