Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brentr
Reel Rookie

Roku 3900RW want to change remote to New ROKU Remote with Volume Will it work??

Jump to solution

Dear Community,

I have a ROKU 3900RW and my question is Will the new Remote that comes with Volume Control work with this Unit?  Thank you for your help

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku 3900RW want to change remote to New ROKU Remote with Volume Will it work??

Jump to solution

Yes, it can pair to voice remote, jusy get the $19.99 one, the Enhanced Voice remote with headphone jack won't work on the 3900 Roku express. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Tivoburkee

Re: Roku 3900RW want to change remote to New ROKU Remote with Volume Will it work??

Jump to solution

Yes, it can pair to voice remote, jusy get the $19.99 one, the Enhanced Voice remote with headphone jack won't work on the 3900 Roku express. 

Edmund

0 Kudos
brentr
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Edmund,

I thank you very much for your help and receiving your speedy reply. I had actually just clicked on ordering the voice remote base model for $19.99 that you pointed out would work minutes ago and checked my email and was delighted to have received your post that you had posted an hour ago!  I reviewed the MEAGER Roku documentation and the 3900RW could of been listed by the ROKU Web Site Staff but it was not, which gave me great pause of concern.

Thank You Again for your help. We will receive the new remote on Monday and look forward to giving up the old way of juggling 2 remotes to watch Streaming TV on our older ROKU 3900RW. Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Sassy10299

Jump to solution

I just bought the voice remote and it works for the Roku but can’t figure out how to sync to tv to use it for that also. I don’t have regular cable so I wanted to use voice remote for tv and Roku together. Help

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

I don't know if you're aware, but you can only use the Voice Remote to control the volume and turn the TV off and on.  To set it up for TV control go to Settings->Remotes & devices->Remotes->Voice remote->Set up remote for TV control.

0 Kudos