Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku 3800x Remote will not connect.

My Roku remote stopped working, so I put in new batteries and tried to reconnect it to my Roku. The light will flash green but it will not connect. I have tried every trick I can find, new batteries, turning off the Wi-Fi, moving it away from TV in case the HDMI is interfering. I even factory reset the Roku stick itself and now my Roku is stuck on Select a language and the remote still won't connect and keeps flashing green. 

Any help would greatly be appreciated. 

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Highlighted

My roku streaming stick remote wont pair, with fresh batteries, no light

My Roku remote won't work, so I replaced the batteries with brand new ones, and it still wouldn't work, so I started googling and saw that I had a pairing bottom, so I pressed it, trying to pair my remote, after reading the rest of the article, I see there is supposed to be a green light, mine, however, never has a light. What do I do? Do I have to buy a new remote? Thank you!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Remote pairing issues

I have seen a million posts on this topic, as well as a plethora of YouTube vids on the subject, so it's obvious that Roku has a general issue with their remotes and connectivity to the device.   I purchased a Roku Ultra through Amazon (my 2nd Roku) on Aug 26. It worked perfectly until a couple of days ago, when the remote stopped working. I have followed every step to try and reconnect the remote. No luck - can't ping it, can't add manually, have done hard reboot, batteries, out, new batteries, pairing button, done the patterns of button pushes, etc. 100% certain the remote is dead. The Roku app on my phone works fine so it's the remote and not the device. Btw, Amazon says they only offer a 30 day return period, but Roku offers a 90 days warranty. I'm only ~30 days into my warranty period, How can this be? 

Who else has been through every protocol and is still having the issue?

Btw, potentially related, I have seen the connectivity to this particular Ultra device from the Roku app on my phone drop every now and then.  has anyone seen this?

My first Roku has never had these issues.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku 3800x Remote will not connect.

@paladinvibes @Woahitsadrian @tummyrope 

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend checking out the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support pages here: 
How do I set up my Roku® enhanced "point-anywhere" remote?
How do I resolve problems with my Roku® enhanced "point-anywhere" remote?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Yep, tried all this.  No luck.  The pairing button won't light up.  The remote is dead.  30 days into its life.  Roku, you guys need to get these remote issues ironed out asap. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@tummyrope 

Thanks for the update.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

3800x won't pair with remote

This is a device that was sent to me by Roku after my earlier one failed.  Earlier efforts to troubleshoot during hours on the phone with Roku support, including factory reset, have not been successful.  Now I have a Roku that will boot up and initiate the guided setup: first asking me to select my preferred language, but after a few seconds of no response (because the remote isn't paired, presumably) will take me to the "Pair your remote" screen.  I follow the instructions and get a blinking green light on the remote, but it never pairs - the "Pair your remote" screen stays on forever.  I have the extender that Roku sent me installed to reduce any interference.  I have the TV and the remote located less than 10 feet from my router, so signal strength cant be the issue.  I have tried to get it to work at home as well as at my workplace - same result.  Please help me.  This is extremely frustrating.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: 3800x won't pair with remote

@Untah 

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend checking out the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support pages here: 
How do I set up my Roku® enhanced "point-anywhere" remote?
How do I resolve problems with my Roku® enhanced "point-anywhere" remote?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I have the EXACT, same problem. Even bought a replacement remote that will not pair. What is the problem?! Very frustrating for a 1-yr old device!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I am in the exact same situation as Untah - and I have followed all the steps in the 2 support page links offered by Danny (Roku employee). It still does not work and after resetting the stick, I obviously cannot connect it to my WiFi w/o a paired remote. The new (3800-compatible) Roku remote I just picked up from WalMart won't  pair with the stick either. Would be nice for Roku to provide a valid solution rather than these no-thought, no-effort, here's-a-couple-of-links, good luck and "Keep us posted on what you find out" useless responses. Recommend Roku either provide a viable technical solution, or replace my 1-yr new Stick+ already.

0 Kudos