Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mariposa84
Level 7

Roku 3700x and 1 click tech

I have a roku 3700x device no remote but just ordered a 1 click tech universal remote in order to be able to use the roku device but it will not pair or work to control the roku at all I put in New batteries the remote has an led on the remote as well as bulb looking thing on the top part of the remote want to know if I need a new remote or new roku devise also my tv is a sharp regular tv I have the HDMI plugged to the roku as well does it matter wich end of an HDMI is plugged in to the roku and tv?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5\
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku 3700x and 1 click tech

Never heard of the brand, so I looked it up amazon, it says it works roku IR only remotes like the express 3700. But it also says it works with roku tv brands? Roku tv IR commands don't work on express like 3700, 3700 express IR commands don't work on any roku tv models. So there has to be way to switch from stand alone roku like the express to a code that works Roku tv's. Check the manual? It might come programmed for a roku tv? And so won't work your 3700 express. 

This is an aftermarket brand of universal remote, it is not Roku product. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Mariposa84
Level 7

I dont have a roku tv I just have a regular sharp tv I was reading and there are u guess 3700x and 3700R something im wondering if that makes a diference my roku is reset so it is not conected to wify I also tried to download roku app on phone dont have hot spot and even that didnt work because it said the only way to use a roku app is if the roku wad conected to wify

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

I understand that you don't have roku tv, but that doesn't change the fact that this universal remote could be programmed for a roku tv and so wouldn't work with your roku express 3700. And no the X and R suffix don't mean a thing. 

The one you bought does it have yellow play/pause key or a blue one? 

https://www.amazon.com/Standard-Express-Compatible-Premiere-Shortcuts/dp/B07CQQKJS3/ref=pd_ybh_a_1?_...

Edmund

0 Kudos
Mariposa84
Level 7

Neither its black

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

If you look here only the 1 clicktech remote with yellow pause/play key lists 3700, the ones with blue or black pause/play key are only for roku tv's:

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=1-clicktech&ref=bl_dp_s_web_19827652011

Edmund

0 Kudos