Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Roku 3500eu remote

Help

my mother has a Roku 3500eu and the remote has stopped responding. I cannot find a replacement remote anywhere. She has recently been widowed so I am anxious to resolve this problem for her. Any help would be gratefully received thank you.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Level 21

Re: Roku 3500eu remote

Roku no longer offers replacement remotes for the 3500. It's an older device that is no longer supported, although it does still receive Roku OS updates. But many of the newest channels will not work on it. 

However, a user reports he found a working remote on Amazon. See this thread for more information: https://community.roku.com/t5/Remotes-Accessories/Replacement-remote-for-3500X-streaming-stick/m-p/6...

I will say that I searched Amazon and didn't find what he referenced. Sometimes you can find a used remote on eBay, but you have to be careful to ensure they are describing the remote accurately. The remote for the 3600 Stick will NOT work for the 3500. Also, the rc03 Roku remote is supposed to work with the 3500, although the headphone jack won't work with it. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Level 7

Thanks Dan We did look on eBay but the only ones available didn’t mention compatibility with the 3500eu. Frustratingly I can’t find any way at all to communicate with Roku. Not great customer service I have to say!

0 Kudos
Level 21

@Von36 wrote:

Thanks Dan We did look on eBay but the only ones available didn’t mention compatibility with the 3500eu. Frustratingly I can’t find any way at all to communicate with Roku. Not great customer service I have to say!

It doesn't have to specifically say 3500EU. Any 3500 remote would work. Yes, Roku is tough to reach, even before the situation. Your best way to reach someone is to send a private message to @RokuDanny-R . He's the only Roku employee that monitors this forum. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Von36 

Thanks for the posts. 

As @atc98092 mentioned, we no longer offer a replacement remote for the Roku Streaming Stick model 3500. However, we would be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running.

Please feel free to send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku device (printed on the side/back of the device) and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further. Meanwhile you can use the free Roku mobile app as a replacement remote control.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Level 7

Thank you. I had seen posts suggesting a DM but had no idea how to do that so that was a real help thank you. Fingers crossed that they will do something for her.

0 Kudos