Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DebG1205

Roku 3 remote

Jump to solution

Could someone please tell me what the correct remote would be for the Roku 3. I have two of the new ones. One works with my Roku stick but the other does not work with my Roku 3. I get the Roku screen but the remote does not allow me to select anything, not apps or Home, Search, Settings, etc. Also says in the top right corner "not connected". Changed out the batteries and that did not help so I am wondering if I have the correct remote.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku 3 remote

Jump to solution

The not connected is referring to the roku not having an internet connection, has nothing to do with remote working or not. You have a choice of getting the Simple IR remote for $14.99, or the Gaming remote for $29.99. The simple remote is the fourth when down on this page, and the gaming remote is the fifth one:

https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/player

The 3 other Voice remotes will work too, just that they won't have the gaming keys like your original roku 3 remote, but they do have tv controls unlike the simple and gaming remotes. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim

Jump to solution

Are your two new remotes identical?  Did you try the one that works with the stick with the Roku 3 and vice versa?  I believe any remote that works with a stick (except for possibly the purple stick and the very old MHL stick) should work with a Roku 3.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

The not connected is referring to the roku not having an internet connection, has nothing to do with remote working or not. You have a choice of getting the Simple IR remote for $14.99, or the Gaming remote for $29.99. The simple remote is the fourth when down on this page, and the gaming remote is the fifth one:

https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/player

The 3 other Voice remotes will work too, just that they won't have the gaming keys like your original roku 3 remote, but they do have tv controls unlike the simple and gaming remotes. 

Edmund

0 Kudos