Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bridget0135
Level 7

Re: Roku 3 remote won't stop blinking

Jump to solution
registered just to say thank you.i tried resetiing remote and my roku 3 but wouldnt connect to the remote.as soon as i turned my wifi off then repeated the steps to reconnect the remote it worked  instantly so happy thank you ive got my netflix and now tv back love my roku 4 days without it i was having wds Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
AndersH
Level 7

Jump to solution
"RunningMan" wrote:
If your remote won't pair, try turning off your WiFi while you pair it. The remote uses WiFi frequencies and suffers from interference from the Wifi. I have to do this every time I go through the pairing process, but it does work every time.

I have to admit I didn't expect this to work, bit it did. Thank you! The only solution I had before was a hard-reset. Glad to have a better work around for such an annoying issue.
0 Kudos
hoverdonkey
Level 7

Jump to solution
"RunningMan" wrote:
If your remote won't pair, try turning off your WiFi while you pair it. The remote uses WiFi frequencies and suffers from interference from the Wifi. I have to do this every time I go through the pairing process, but it does work every time.

Like bridget0135, I registered just to say "thank you" to RunningMan.  After several days of frustation, switching-off the router during pairing worked for me.  Thank you!
0 Kudos
birdpdx
Level 7

Jump to solution
Also created an account to confirm the wifi trick worked. That was driving me crazy. Thank you!
0 Kudos
tomgray
Level 7

Jump to solution
Same - I also registered to say thank you, this worked straight away. Great not to have to factory reset my Roku just to re-pair the remote!
0 Kudos
nhamthin52
Level 7

Jump to solution
"RunningMan" wrote:

Thank you so much
0 Kudos

Jump to solution
If you have the mobile app on your phone, use your phone to navigate on the left hand column to:  SETTINGS  >  REMOTE  >  PAIR REMOTE and then follow the instructions listed on the remote pairing page. I was experiencing the same problem, and this solved it. Here is a link to the Roku Remote App For Android which I used to solve the problem: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.roku.remote&hl=en_US

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
abaykam
Level 7

Jump to solution
Just registered to thank you Runningman. It did work!
0 Kudos
ecritejr
Level 7

Jump to solution
"Basil" wrote:
"Rcktgirl05" wrote:
My remote decided to disconnect and stop working.  I've replaced the batteries and when I did that,  the green light now blinks continuously. I held the reset button down but it does not stop blinking or reconnect. I've been able to reset the remote by holding down the A and B button and the reset button. It will reset and the stops blinking, but then it won't connect. I can hold down the reset button but the light won't blink. If I take out the batteries at that point and put them back in, then it blinks continuously and I'm back to square one. I'm so frustrated.

Unplug the Roku 3.

Remove batteries from remote.

Insert batteries in remote. Do not replace cover.

Plug in Roku 3.

Press reset button on remote, holding for three seconds.

Replace battery cover.

After Roku 3 boots, you'll see pairing notice on screen.

After it pairs, it should work.

Hey Basil - It worked PERFECTLY for me!!!! Thank you for the good advice. Keep up the GOOD work!!!   Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Penvase
Level 7

Jump to solution
I'd also like to say thanks for that clever solution!
0 Kudos