Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rcktgirl05
Level 7

Roku 3 remote won't stop blinking

Jump to solution

My remote decided to disconnect and stop working. I've replaced the batteries and when I did that, the green light now blinks continuously. I held the reset button down but it does not stop blinking or reconnect. I've been able to reset the remote by holding down the A and B button and the reset button. It will reset and the stops blinking, but then it won't connect. I can hold down the reset button but the light won't blink. If I take out the batteries at that point and put them back in, then it blinks continuously and I'm back to square one. I'm so frustrated.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Basil
Level 10

Re: Roku 3 remote won't stop blinking

Jump to solution
"Rcktgirl05" wrote:
My remote decided to disconnect and stop working. I've replaced the batteries and when I did that, the green light now blinks continuously. I held the reset button down but it does not stop blinking or reconnect. I've been able to reset the remote by holding down the A and B button and the reset button. It will reset and the stops blinking, but then it won't connect. I can hold down the reset button but the light won't blink. If I take out the batteries at that point and put them back in, then it blinks continuously and I'm back to square one. I'm so frustrated.

Unplug the Roku 3.

Remove batteries from remote.

Insert batteries in remote. Do not replace cover.

Plug in Roku 3.

Press reset button on remote, holding for three seconds.

Replace battery cover.

After Roku 3 boots, you'll see pairing notice on screen.

After it pairs, it should work.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos

Jump to solution
If you have the mobile app on your phone, use your phone to navigate on the left hand column to:  SETTINGS  >  REMOTE  >  PAIR REMOTE and then follow the instructions listed on the remote pairing page. I was experiencing the same problem, and this solved it. Here is a link to the Roku Remote App For Android which I used to solve the problem: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.roku.remote&hl=en_US
0 Kudos
26 Replies
Basil
Level 10

Jump to solution
"Rcktgirl05" wrote:

Unplug the Roku 3.

Remove batteries from remote.

Insert batteries in remote. Do not replace cover.

Plug in Roku 3.

Press reset button on remote, holding for three seconds.

Replace battery cover.

After Roku 3 boots, you'll see pairing notice on screen.

After it pairs, it should work.
Basil
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
0 Kudos
Rcktgirl05
Level 7

Jump to solution
Thanks for the reply! I've tried this sequence several times and it doesn't work. As soon as I put it the batteries, it starts the blinking and then pushing the reset button doesn't do anything!
0 Kudos
RokuShawnS
Level 10

Jump to solution
Are you holding the pairing button down for longer than 10 seconds?

C. Shawn Smith
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos
Basil
Level 10

Jump to solution
"RokuShawnS" wrote:
Are you holding the pairing button down for longer than 10 seconds?

C. Shawn Smith

Ten? My documentation says three: https://support.roku.com/hc/en-us/articles/208755708-Roku-Remotes-Information-Troubleshooting. I need to note that for my personal docs. Roku may want to update that support page. Thanks.
Basil
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
0 Kudos
RokuShawnS
Level 10

Jump to solution
I'd believe the doc rather than me Smiley Happy. It's been a LONG time since I dealt with anything related to the remote and the functions of the lights. 10 seconds just rang a bell for some reason.

I'll poke some heads today to double-check though.

C. Shawn Smith
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos
JayZeeig
Level 7

Jump to solution
"RokuShawnS" wrote:
I'd believe the doc rather than me Smiley Happy.  It's been a LONG time since I dealt with anything related to the remote and the functions of the lights.  10 seconds just rang a bell for some reason.

I'll poke some heads today to double-check though.

C. Shawn Smith

Not sure how it worked for the topic poster but I got the exact remote issue  - 1) light flashing after battery insert but cannot pairing; 2) after remote reset (A+B+pairing button) no light even after long pressing the pairing button. Could not solve the pairing issue with every instructions I found. Please advice.[/font]
0 Kudos
renojim
Level 8

Jump to solution
May not be helpful, but every time I've had pairing problems, putting brand new Alkaline batteries into the remote was the only way I could get through the pairing process.  After pairing, I could insert any old crappy batteries and they worked just fine.  But to pair, I needed really strong fresh batteries.

-JT
0 Kudos
RunningMan
Level 7

Jump to solution
If your remote won't pair, try turning off your WiFi while you pair it. The remote uses WiFi frequencies and suffers from interference from the Wifi. I have to do this every time I go through the pairing process, but it does work every time.
0 Kudos
susiek
Level 7

Jump to solution
"RunningMan" wrote:
If your remote won't pair, try turning off your WiFi while you pair it. The remote uses WiFi frequencies and suffers from interference from the Wifi. I have to do this every time I go through the pairing process, but it does work every time.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!! That is exactly what finally worked!!! 
0 Kudos