Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
voyager22
Level 7

Roku 3 remote stopped working

Jump to solution

I notice in similar discussions, the Roku employees need to know what model is affected, so that's in the title - and so's the problem. Roku content shows up on my TV screen so I assume the Roku 3 itself is okay, but as for the remote - I've replaced batteries, paired again, etc. - but after a number of years of working, the remote just doesn't do anything now. If it's dead, how do I get a new remote? If it can be jolted back to life, how do I do that?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku 3 remote stopped working

Jump to solution

@voyager22 

Thanks for the inquiry.

If you are in need of a replacement remote for the Roku 3, you can purchase the Voice remote or the Simple remote found on our Products page here: Player Accessories

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Tivoburkee
Level 21

Jump to solution

I doubt they would replace roku 3 remote which is way out of warranty. The roku 3 can be controlled via IR remote, that means any cheap universal remote with roku listed would work on your roku 3. Go to the dollar store, target, or walmart. For under $10 you can be back up and running. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@voyager22 

Thanks for the inquiry.

If you are in need of a replacement remote for the Roku 3, you can purchase the Voice remote or the Simple remote found on our Products page here: Player Accessories

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
voyager22
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks, guys. Appreciate it.

0 Kudos
Krezil
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi all,

Last night, the Enhanced Remote for my Roku worked fine; today - nothing. It is the one that shipped with the UK version Roku 3, has a private headphone feature in the remote, which was frankly, second to none.

Steps taken so far:

*Replaced batteries. No change.

*Batteries out of remote for 5 minutes+; pairing button pressed. No change.

*Batteries out of remote for 60 minutes+; restarted Roku 3; pairing button pressed as Roku booted. No change

*Manual device setup through Roku menus. No change.

*Factory reset Roku 3; pairing button pressed. No change.

*Have pretty restricted internal network policies, but not seen any deny messages in my FW logs. I'm a bit hazy as to whether it would make a difference, but thought I'd include it anyway.

Additional points:

*Have a Roku Streaming+ elsewhere, so I at least have a working remote (also, that tells us that the Roku 3 will respond to a remote's signal).

*The pairing light on the front of the remote does not flash when the pairing button is pressed.

I feel that the remote has died - I see that there are additional enhanced remotes for sale in the US (on the US Roku site) but none here - where can I buy another enhanced remote from (especially one with the headphone feature. I will really miss that) ? I don't want to buy a rubbishy IR £5 from Amazon.

Does @RokuDanny-R  or anyone have any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Krezil 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that the Roku 3 is an older device and it's possible that the remote may simply be on it's way out.

However, we would be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running.

Please feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku device (printed on the side/back of the device) and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Krezil
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi @RokuDanny-R 

Thanks for the reply! Yeh, I suspect it's just reached the end of it's life. More than happy to try and get a replacement though - tricky in the UK.

I will send a PM as requested.

Thank you!

0 Kudos