Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stevexacto
Level 7

Roku 3 remote and Roku4 not pairing

I have a newer Roku4 voice  and a simple Roku3. How can I pair the Roku3 remote to the newer unit? Would just like to have an additional remote in another part of the room.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4\
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku 3 remote and Roku4 not pairing

What is the model number of the roku 3 remote? Some confuse the Roku 2 xs Gr14 for the RC03 roku 3 remote. They look alike accept for gr14 has two dots under the blue & green keys, where the Roku 3 rc03 has one dot. Big difference is the gr14 is bluetooth and won't work with later roku's like your roku 4, which only takes IR or Wifi remotes. 

Of course another difference is the roku 3 rc03 has headphone jack and volume keys where the gr14 remote doesn't. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
stevexacto
Level 7

I have one dot below the green button. headphone jack on left and volume keys on the right.

0 Kudos
stevexacto
Level 7

I meant to say that I have one dot below the blue "B" button

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Okay, I'm confused. The Roku 4 was discontinued in 2016, replaced by the Ultra. So, there really isn't a "newer Roku 4," and when there was a Roku 4, it came with the same remote the whole time it was available.

The Roku 3, both model 4200 and 4230, which was discontinued in 2016 (or early 2017, I forget), didn't come with a Simple Remote. The 4200 and 4230 came with similar, but slightly different remotes.

The Roku 2 model 4210, which is identical to the Roku 3 internally, came with a Simple Remote.

So, what is the model numbers of the devices you have? Settings > System > About

And, are you using the remotes that came with those devices?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos