Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrWill
Level 7

Roku 3 media player no rapid scrolling

Earlier today i was able to hold the down arrow on d-pad for it to quickly scroll through my movie library. Now its making me press the down arrow each time to scroll through library. I have 1000s of movies and can not press the down arrow each time to scroll. Ive restarted and unplugged and removed batteries. nothing works. Please help. This is a deal breaker for me. This was the whole reason i switched to Roku.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
atc98092
Level 15

Re: Roku 3 media player no rapid scrolling

@MrWill wrote:
Earlier today i was able to hold the down arrow on d-pad for it to quickly scroll through my movie library. Now its making me press the down arrow each time to scroll through library. I have 1000s of movies and can not press the down arrow each time to scroll. Ive restarted and unplugged and removed batteries. nothing works. Please help. This is a deal breaker for me. This was the whole reason i switched to Roku.

I assume you are using the Roku Media Player. I just tried it on my Premiere and can rapid scroll as you describe. I have RMP version 4.2 build 1655 and Roku OS 9.2 build 4131. What versions do you have? Also, exactly which Roku device do you have? Model number, not just the name, please. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
gallo
Level 7

remote doesn't scroll anymore

Hi, was curious if there was a recent software update that removed the scrolling capabilities of the up and down keys. I have 3 stick+ and that all stopped scrolling thru the roku media player lists, it can be extremely annoying when you scroll thru a list of 400 titles constantly pressing the up or down arrow. Any thoughts TIA

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 15

Re: remote doesn't scroll anymore

In Roku Media Player, a recent update broke the scrolling feature, but only when you are in List display mode. If you change it to Small or Large Rows, you can scroll again. This has been reported to the Roku employee that works on RMP, so hopefully it will be addressed soon. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.