Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jeremy121
Level 7

Roku 3 earbuds sound not working

So I just bought my roku 3 well I had it for a long time but never used it so I set it up but when I try to listen through the earbuds that came with the roku remote I couldn’t hear anything It said the earbuds were 100% but still couldn’t hear anything, can someone help?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku 3 earbuds sound not working

@Jeremy121

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried plugging in another pair of headphones into the Roku remote to see if you are experiencing the same issue?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku 3 earbuds sound not working

Have you verified the earbuds work by plugging them into another audio device (music player, phone, etc)?

For what it's worth, when I was using a Roku 3:

• Earphones plugged into the Roku 3 remote tended to drain the batteries in a hurry.  In addition the earphone amplifier in the remote is on whenever the earphones are plugged in, so be sure to unplug them when not in use.
  • No matter what earphones I plugged in I would  get frequent and repeated audio interuptions of a second or so that spoiled the experience.

I found it much more satisfactory to plug my earphones into a mobile phone and usek the remote listening capabilities of the Roku app on the phone

Doug
Roku Community Streaming Expert  I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution."
0 Kudos