Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
esok
Reel Rookie

Roku 3 car power adapter?

I am trying to find a 12V DC power adapter to use my Roku 3 device in my car. Does such a thing exist? What should I look for?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku 3 car power adapter?

Yes, as I recall when I was using a Roku 3, it used its own 12v adapter rather than the 5v USB connection used by most models.

I suppose you could use an automotive inverter to give you a 110v AC outlet to plug your existing Roku 3 power supply into.  You can find models that plug into the cigarette lighter socket.  I used to use one when camping for charging and running a laptop.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
creass
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku 3 car power adapter?

Indeed, a 12V DC power adapter for your Roku 3 in the car is feasible. To ensure compatibility, search for an adapter with a 12V output and a current rating matching or exceeding the Roku 3's requirements, typically around 1A. Look for adapters equipped with a compatible connector for your Roku 3, or use a converter if necessary. Prioritize safety features like over-voltage and short-circuit protection. I think you are looking for it in the very right place. Because I like the Roku product and have a very high level of trust in it because it is an excellent 12-volt product and of high quality. Like this, I had a DIY 12V winch motor for which I needed some accessories. I found excellent quality from Roku I often have this problem with 12-volt winch motors. So I get information about it from here. I hope that this information will be useful to you.

0 Kudos