Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Lee2
Level 8

Roku 3 and volume control

I have read conflicting statements on this topic...

The Roku 3 remote has volume control buttons on the side, does it only control volume on particular model TVs? Mine says it is paired, but the volume cannot be controlled by the buttons on the side of the remote.

Will the Roku® Enhanced Voice Remote with TV power and volume buttons - RC463 work to pair and control power and volume? And in that case would the Programmable buttons function?

Thank you

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Tivoburkee
Level 16

Re: Roku 3 and volume control

The Roku 3 Gaming remote will not control tv volume by IR, it may control the tv volume using HDMI CEC. The Voice remote will control many tv brands by IR. Can roku 3 program the 1 & 2 keys, I have no idea, but if the roku 3 responds to the voice control, theres a good chance you can program those keys. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Lee2
Level 8

Thank you for your repsonse.

Sorry , but how specifically would I be able to control volume with the  HDMI CEC?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tivoburkee
Level 16

That is up to the tv you have, if its too old it won't have that feature, it might have it but call it something else. 

Edmund
0 Kudos