Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku 3 and SanDisk 8GB/Class 4 MicroSD Cards

Hi,

I bought two SanDisk 8GB/Class 4 MicroSD Cards - one each for my two Roku 3 devices.  These were the smallest and oldest cards I could seem to get from Amazon and appeared to match the requirements listed by Roku (2GB or more and Class 2 or higher).

In any case, I installed the first MicroSD Card in my first Roku 3 (label down, copper contacts up, and pushed in until it clicked).  And, I was able to get the "MicroSD card detected message", after which I had my Roku 3 device format the card.  I even confirmed that I no longer was getting the "channel loading ... you might want to put in a MicroSD card" message.  The problems start from here...

I tried the same process with my second Roku 3 device and couldn't get it to recognize the MicroSD Card.  To troubleshoot, I moved the "good card" from my first Roku 3 device to my second one - to see if the problem was with the second MicroSD Card.  However, I wasn't able to get the "MicroSD card detected message": I had assumed that, even though this "good card" had already been formatted in my first Roku 3 device, the second Roku 3 device would need to reformat it.

So, I moved the "good card" back to my first Roku 3 device and, now, the first Roku 3 device doesn't recognize it (no "MicroSD card detected message" and some channels are showing the "channel loading ... you might want to put in a MicroSD card" message again).

I'm back at square 1.  Any ideas?  I hesitate to buy 2GB/Class 2 MicroSD Cards from Roku, given the current behavior - as I don't want to throw "good money after bad", if the root cause of the problem is something other than the size or class of the MicroSD cards I'm using.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Roku 3 and SanDisk 8GB/Class 4 MicroSD Cards

Try formatting it in your computer, and then retry it in the roku 3. 

Edmund
0 Kudos