Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
greenman
Level 7

Re: Roku 3 Remote Volume Buttons DO Control my TV volume

I can confirm my older Sony gear:
Sony Bravia TV:  KDL-40EX500
Sony Home Theater System HT-SS370
both play very nicely with my Roku 3 CEC.
TV turns on, HT amp turns on (TV then switches itself to using external (HT amp) speakers) with full sound control of HT amp via Roku remote. I just wish there was an OFF button & maybe a mute button on the Roku 3 remote.
0 Kudos
8marc5
Level 7

Mine Roku 3 remote was working fine with my Toshiba TV (49L310U) up until a few weeks ago. Now it doesn't control the volume anymore. I tried to play with the settings but nothing I do doesn't seem to help.
Any ideas anyone?
0 Kudos
coffeeboy
Level 7

"RokuDale" wrote:
We've found that most Toshiba TVs since 2009 support the CEC volume control. Unfortunately they stopped making TVs a year or so ago.
A few Sharp TVs also work (later models)
Also on the list are newer Sony TVs.(2014 and later)
Sadly neither Samsung nor LG TVs seem to respond to the CEC volume control commands.
Maybe a future software upgrade for those TVs will add the feature.
Rokudale

I have a 2012 Sharp TV and the home button on my Roku 3 remote controls my TV power on. How can I control volume of the TV? I tried the side buttons made for headphones, but that does not work. Is there any device that can do this or another remote?
0 Kudos