Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CEG
Roku Guru

Roku 3 Remote Not Pairing

Jump to solution

For old times sake I picked up a 3 on eBay in very nice  condition. The remote appears to be the right one and will blink but will not pair. I have an enhanced one s-l640.jpgwith TV controls I am using but I would like to use the original if possible. Any ideas? The remote type is the one pictured

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku 3 Remote Not Pairing

Jump to solution

So it looks like you have a Roku 3 with a Roku 2 XS Bluetooth remote that will never work with it.  Try contacting the seller.  Maybe he just mixed up remotes and has the correct one lying around.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

Just under the blue button how many dots are there? A true roku 3 remote has one dot, older similar looking bluetooth remotes have two dots. The older remote is missing headphone jack and volume keys on the side too. Which do you have? 

Edmund

0 Kudos
CEG
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Apparently, I have the older one with two dots and no headphone jack, which now that I think about it you might need that to use the original, unused earbuds in the box.

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

So it looks like you have a Roku 3 with a Roku 2 XS Bluetooth remote that will never work with it.  Try contacting the seller.  Maybe he just mixed up remotes and has the correct one lying around.

CEG
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Thanks for the help! It hadn't occurred to me the seller might have the correct remote.

0 Kudos