Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku 3 Model 4200x slow to respond

I have a Roku 3 Model 4200X that I bought a few years ago (I do not recall exactly when).  It has been working well until the last few weeks.  When I first turn it on (it is connected wireless to my internet), it does not seem to respond to changing channels from my Roku remote.  I thought it might be the remote's batteries but I've switched a few times and it has not made a difference.  Then I realized that the white light is not appearing on the 4200X model device.   I cannot change channels with my Roku remote from my sofa; instead I have to walk up right to the Roku 3 4200X and from within a few inches point the remote to the 4200X in order to change channels.  Curiously, once the channels start changing I can return to my sofa and continue changing them with the remote from the sofa.   But the light still does not appear on the 4200X device.  Any thoughts on why this is happening and what can be done about it?  Does the Roku 3 4200X have a battery that perhaps is running low and needs replaced?  Also, please advise if this is the appropriate forum or if I should post to another forum.  Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku 3 Model 4200x slow to respond

@TLF2020 

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that your device is an older device, it's possible that the remote and device may be on its way out.

Have you tried repairing your remote to your device to see if that resolves the issue? For more information, visit our Support page here: How do I resolve problems with my Roku® enhanced "point-anywhere" remote?

As a last resort, we would recommend trying to perform a factory reset on your device. For more information, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos