Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikebdoss
Level 10

Re: Roku 2 only a month old....Batteries already dead?

"destruk" wrote:
"mikebdoss" wrote:
A lot of people hold their remote the whole time they're watching TV. There's no surer way to drain your batteries.

As Steve Jobs said, "You're holding it wrong" - that's the problem...
Do they sit at the dinner table and twiddle their fork when not using it too? While sucking on a pacifier and wearing one of those beanie caps? Smiley Happy
http://wemakeitsafer.com/Beeni-Baby-Hat ... ductImages

I hold my remote most of the time while I'm watching TV, only it's my Harmony, not the Roku one. This lets me change volume when needed, fast forward when needed, etc. It's not that uncommon.
0 Kudos

So no solution to this issue? I’m going through batteries like water, and it’s getting worse in fact this month this remote didn’t make it an entire 2.5wks before I was replacing the batteries. I’m frustrated and even more so after reading these threads and everyone seems like they’re perfectly fine with this just being the way it is Smiley Sad
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 10

"Crazylittl3liza" wrote:
So no solution to this issue? I’m going through batteries like water, and it’s getting worse in fact this month this remote didn’t make it an entire 2.5wks before I was replacing the batteries. I’m frustrated and even more so after reading these threads and everyone seems like they’re perfectly fine with this just being the way it is Smiley Sad

Couple of things. This thread is over six years old. Six months is the standard time for an inactive thread to be considered dead. Six years is way too long to be talking about the same topic, as most everything in the thread won't apply. Always start a new thread in such situations. And, when you do (if you actually want help, you will do that) someone, probably me, will ask if you are leaving the headphones plugged in when you aren't using the remote. For now, expect this thread to be locked due to its age. So, see you in your new thread you'll start.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos