Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku 2 audio not working when headphones plugged in

Hello, I have a Roku 2, yes I know it’s not new and just haven’t bought a new one however I moved to a new apt at the beginning of November and before then had no issues when using my headphones with my remote to listen privately. Since I moved I did everything as before when setting up my Roku and now I can’t get any headphones to work to listen privately. Anyone else ever run into this or have answer since I can’t find anyway by searching online that will work at this point.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku 2 audio not working when headphones plugged in

I am having the same issue with my Roku 2. The remote is the original that came with it that has the headphone jack. Suddenly plugging in (known working) earbuds does not work for private listening.

I installed the Roku app on my Android phone to try that and the headphone icon does not appear. From what I read that means your device is not private listening compatible but it worked for years when plugging into it.

0 Kudos
Level 9

Multiple people are reporting this problem and it seems to correlate with a firmware update.  I tried to summarize and consolidate with this post:

https://community.roku.com/t5/Remotes-Accessories/Bug-report-2720x-Private-listening-headphone-disab...

I've received two more updates since the problem occurred and there has been no improvement.

Highlighted
Level 8

Having the same problem with my headphones with Roku 2.  Have tried all suggested fixes.  Not sure if I’m posting correctly, but wanted to make sure I submitted my complaint.

0 Kudos