Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku 2 Remote Died Today

Honestly I don't even bother using my official remote much of the time. I use an old cellphone instead. If you install the Roku app then one of the functions is as a remote. It can find any Roku that is on the same network. The reason I prefer to use it is that in addition to having the usual buttons it also has a keyboard button so when doing searches you don't have to use the hunt and enter method of spelling something out but can just type it in.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Thanks; but I think jeffrok concurred that it is the Roku itself that went.  Therefore, neither remote works.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

"troothteller" wrote:
Thanks; but I think jeffrok concurred that it is the Roku itself that went.  Therefore, neither remote works.

But my point is if you use the app it doesn't matter if the sensor is broken because it works over the wifi connection. You don't even need to be in the same room. Heck if you have a powerful router or booster you don't even have to be in the same house.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

hjerne, does that mean that my Roku 2 might still work through the app?  If so, then it is worth a test.  Thanks.  It just occurred to me though that it might be too late to start using the app.  My Roku is frozen on the setup menu on the page to select languages.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 11

"troothteller" wrote:
hjerne, does that mean that my Roku 2 might still work through the app?  If so, then it is worth a test.  Thanks.  It just occurred to me though that it might be too late to start using the app.  My Roku is frozen on the setup menu on the page to select languages.

Not wanting to throw a monkey wrench into the conversation, but which Roku 2 model number do you have? Model 2720 did use a WiFi Direct remote. Model 4210 came with an IR remote, but did support WiFi Direct remotes (from the Roku 3, for instance).
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

4210R; but not wanting to beat a dead horse, I just received a refund for the new remote control.  I'll go without it.  Thanks.
0 Kudos