Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku 1 remote issues

I have a Roku 1 (original) and a Roku 3 in my house, then I purchased another Roku 1 (new).  Everything was okay for a few days and then my original Roku 1 stopped responding to the remote.   I read the community blogs about resetting the remote and resetting the original Roku 1 box using the reset button.  After resetting the box and remote, I am seeing a screen that says lets get started and asking me for a language.   My remote will allow me to select english so I can't go any further.  I removed the batteries in the remote and reinstalled them, but no luck.  I pressed the reset button on the remote expecting it to re-pair, the light is flashing on the remote, but still no luck.  After I pressed the reset button on the box I was expecting it to take me to a screen to scan for a a SSID on my wireless router, but perhaps that comes after I select a languag

What  else can I do to solve this issue?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Multiple Roku issues

Those are very old models, each will take IR remotes, you don't need to replace it with wifi remote that would cost about  same  a complete faster roku model. Get a cheaper universal remote with Roku code.

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Multiple Roku issues

I am unfamiliar with remotes with Roku codes.  What are those?

0 Kudos