Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ginahoy
Roku Guru

Re: Rewind 10-sec button not functioning properly

10-Second Rewind is working again on my Roku Ultra! (model 4660, circa 2017)

BTW, I noticed it didn't work when I first started (resumed) a show, but that only happened during testing. Once the buffer has a chance to fill, the 10-sec rewind button works as expected.

I have several other models I haven't checked yet... I'll post the results later.

EDIT: I just checked and the 10-second rewind works within Netflix on the Ultra 4660 as noted above, as well as on an older Roku2 XD 3050 (circa 2011).  However, it does not work on my Express+ 3910 (2017) or on my Roku3 4200 (2013). Each of these four devices has the latest available Roku version/build for the particular model, as well as the latest available Netflix version/build (also different per model). These results are puzzling since the 4660 and 3910 are both 6th gen with same CPU and both are running Netflix Version 5.0. Go figure.

I don't think any of this eliminates Roku (or Netflix) as the culprit since both the app and the device are necessarily involved in processing commands from the remote control.

KittyofDoom
Reel Rookie

I have a Roku in my bedroom and a Smart LG TV in my living room that natively includes the Netflix app. The 10-second rewind stopped working for me at the exact same time on the Roku and also on my LG. This is not a Roku issue. This is 100% a Netflix thing. The fact that it stopped working on both makes it seem to me like it was intentional on their part, as development for these two apps does not appear that it would be exactly the same. They have a slightly different UI/UX. So if they released an update, they would presumably need to deploy at least slightly different code to the various apps. The same exact defect existing in all code streams would be unlikely, don't you think? To me this also jives with the Netflix customer support responses to folks asking about this function. Customer service reps pretending that it didn't exist is bizarre. If this was a defect that was accidentally released as part of an update, they'd be working to fix it in their next release, and their customer service reps would likely tell you that, so that you wouldkwould that it would be fixed soon as opposed to being so upset that you maybe stopped using the app.

ginahoy
Roku Guru

Well, after working for several days, the 10-sec rewind button stopped working on my Roku Ultra 4660.  This is bizarre because the firmware hasn't updated (Netflix or Roku) since it WAS working!

I was looking for a pattern but there is none, at least none that I can see. Yet it doesn't appear random. The Ultra 4660 is my primary Roku device and thus gets a lot of use. When this feature stopped working more than a month ago, it never worked until 3 days ago. Since then, it worked every time on every show, until last night when it stopped working again. It's as if someone is f&%king with us Smiley Frustrated

Tensecond
Reel Rookie

I have two Hisense Roku tv’s one is two year old 50” and the other in the bedroom is a new 58” of the same brand. The newer of the two the ten sec stopped it goes straight to thumbnails and the older Roku tv ten sec works fine. This started like you guys around April. Why is it that one tv it works and the other it doesn't? Both are same brand Roku tv’s just different screen size. Both 6 generations. 

Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Highlight the netflix app on each tv, press the options * key, read what version and build the netflix app is on each, are they the same? 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Tensecond
Reel Rookie

No it wasn’t. Don’t matter anyway both have stopped working for the ten sec rewind

spoofrice11
Reel Rookie

I don't have Roku. But my 10-second go back on Netflix hasn't been working.

We cancelled Netflix in January because we had too much on our DVR. Then signed back up at the end of March. The go back has not worked at all since (watch on Samsung Smart TV & Xbox 360). Had not problems before.

Tried talking to chat and just goes in circles. They say check your internet and stuff...

ginahoy
Roku Guru

Netflix 10-sec replay is working again for me now on my Express+ (3910)!! Haven't checked other Roku models. It's sad that support staff weren't even able to acknowledge the issue to those who took the time to contact Netflix.

jdjeff
Streaming Star

Netflix are more concerned right now with deleting nostalgic shows like Andy Griffith....shows you may have paid for.  I contacted them again last night in chat and they still insist they are working on the "instant replay" problem.  So I asked if they are working on the problem or just thinking about working on the problem. The people we are contacting are obviously from third world countries and only there to correct user error type issues.  They forward the heavy stuff to engineering.  Once a ticket is created, they won't follow up on it or give any ETA.  It just sits in a queue apparently.  Needless to say, my instant replay is still not working on 3 different Rokus and I'm getting tired of it.  It would appear to me that if you have any favorite shows at this time, it may behoove you to purchase them on DVD.  It's possible the way things are going that it may be impossible to obtain certain "flagged" material even if it's on DVD.  What do you expect from a company who allows international fugitive Soros to own a major market share of their company...scumbag.

ginahoy
Roku Guru

@ginahoy wrote:

Netflix 10-sec replay is working again for me now on my Express+ (3910)!! Haven't checked other Roku models. It's sad that support staff weren't even able to acknowledge the issue to those who took the time to contact Netflix.

I shouldn't have posted this. The next day, the 10-sec replay/rewind feature stopped working again. Sigh.