Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kmat9

Re: Rewind 10-sec button not functioning properly

I'm also having the exact same problem. It's either a Netflix or a Roku small update. I contacted netflix yesterday and the guy gave me some bull so probably just everyone keep contacting netflix and I'm sure they will eventually notice with enough people.

James617

I’ve had the same problem with Netflix using Roku for the past couple days. I just spent more than an hour in a chat with a Netflix customer service representative. He had me do things like unplug my modem and TV, which I was pretty sure would not make a difference - and they did not. Eventually, he said he had reported the issue to the research team and they might follow up with me via email. I hope people keep reporting this until they fix it.

Rwoydziak

Having the same issue with my physical roku remote however I’ve noticed when using the roku remote app on my phone while watching Netflix the instant re-play button/function works fine. 🤷‍♀️ Which some how is almost more frustrating. 

sassfb
Binge Watcher

Update: I had another chat with Netflix today. Some highlights: Netflix guy said, "This is the first time someone reported this" (which we know is total BS). Said he was going to refer it to the support team (while I waited). He finally came back and said "The support advised for you to contact roku device manufacturer and get this remote contyrol [sic] be checked." I told him (again) that there was nothing wrong with the remote, and it worked fine on other channels--the only problem was with Netflix. I also told him that Roku said to contact Netflix. I said that because had I been able to contact Roku support, I'm sure they would have told me to contact Netflix. After all, we couldn't all have the Instant Replay on our Roku remotes break at exactly the same time, right?

The one thing I didn't think of before this chat was to check on a second Roku that I have set up (and rarely use) with another TV. It's a Roku 1, which came out in 2013. It's slower than my current Roku Express, but I checked, and the Roku 1 remote's Instant Replay button works fine. Of course, I'm sure there are technical differences between the two devices. So my old clunky Roku remote's Instant Replay still works on Netflix (I didn't try any other channels with it). I still think the problem has to be Netflix. And I still think the thing to do is to have people keep contacting them until they realize that they have a problem.

Rubber-Soul
Reel Rookie

I have the same problem on my Roku Express, others apps are working fine, seems like a netflix problem.

creed
Channel Surfer

@Rwoydziak wrote:

Having the same issue with my physical roku remote however I’ve noticed when using the roku remote app on my phone while watching Netflix the instant re-play button/function works fine. 🤷‍♀️ Which some how is almost more frustrating. 

Thanks for the suggestion. But I just downloaded the current version of the iOS Roku app and the remote function in the app is displaying the same behavior as my physical remote. 10-sec rewind button on the app just goes to timeline thumbnails, whether the remote is in Traditional or Swipe mode. 

jdjeff
Streaming Star

Good news and bad news.  Bad news first....the problem is still not fixed.  The good news is, I made another call today to Netflix and at least this guy on the phone said he has gotten a call about the same issue yesterday.  I would say don't be afraid to make repeated calls.

BudJ

I think I have found a solution to this nagging problem. Like many, I used the ten second button until it stopped working about two years ago. Now it goes back 20-30 seconds.

I tried so many things but came up with a workaround.

When wanting to go back ten seconds, hit the ten second button TWICE. It will bring up the preview scenes and send you two screens back. Then just hit the advance arrow button and go back to your ORIGINAL stopped scene. Hit play and it will bring you back ten seconds.

When you get the hang of it you can do it in two seconds. Works!

sassfb
Binge Watcher

Hmm, for the others responding so far, the Instant Replay button stopped working very recently--more like two weeks ago than two years ago. For me, it now appears to be no different from the left-arrow button: it goes back one "frame" per push of the button, and it does not automatically replay.

Your workaround is interesting: I had been going back two frames and advancing one, which put me way further back than I wanted, and also had me switching buttons after I hit Instant Replay and then having to switch to the right-arrow button to advance. Since the Instant Replay button now seems to be the same as the left-arrow button, I can hit the left-arrow button twice and then the right-arrow button twice, which often does give me a quick replay, often less than ten seconds. (And sometimes it takes me back to where I was rather than a few seconds before.) But it's a better workaround (especially using only the left- and right-arrow buttons, which are easier to switch between) than what I had been doing. So thanks for trying a bunch of things and coming up with this one.

Netflix needs to fix this (who needs *two* back-one-frame buttons?), but this is a good workaround.

jdjeff
Streaming Star

When I do this work around it still reloads he video.  10 second rewind (or instant replay as it probably should be called) replays the last 10 seconds instantly and on the fly.  Yeah...I can rewind a frame but I need to wait for reload....which in all reality isn't that big of a deal.  But when you're accustomed to "instant" replay...well you know what I mean.  And same here on when this started....it's a week or two for me too.