Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kendra8
Level 7

Replacing batteries every other day

I know there are other posts in regards to battery replacement, but I am also annoyed by the fact that I am told agent support is not available for my issue and/or model.  So I apparently can't get any help from Roku unless I create my own post, which is kind of ridiculous.  It's also annoying that I have now spent more on batteries than I did for the Roku itself!  I have the Roku Express+ and literally change the batteries in the remote every other day.  I have the basic Roku for three other TVs and have only changed the batteries in one remote so far compared to the uncountable times I have changed the batteries in my express remote.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5\
Robpie
Level 7

Re: Replacing batteries every other day

Same here.  We have several roku streaming sticks, it seems some of them drain batteries much faster than others

0 Kudos
nancym
Level 7

Have this problem also.  Don't watch much tv thus the reason I "cut the cord" and went with Roku.  But seems that every time I turn my tv on, I have to replace the 2 triple A batteries. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@nancym

Thanks for the post.

What Roku model device are you using? Can you provide us with the serial number of the device found in Settings > System > About?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
nancym
Level 7

I have a Roku streaming stick.  Serial Number is C2391E741813.  Problem is worse than when I originally posted.  If I forget to remove the batteries, they will be dead within 2 hours.  It's really ridiculous.  Was not this way until recently. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi @nancym,

We appreciate your patience regarding this matter. I understand that you are still having a rapid battery issue.

Kindly perform a system restart from your Roku device. This will update your remote to the latest version. This can be done by navigating to Settings > System > System Restart. After you perform the system update, continue to use your device as normal and monitor the remote battery percentage listed under Settings > Remotes > About. Additionally, if you had moved your Roku device power source to a wall outlet to help address this problem, you may now reconnect the USB cable to your TV's USB port if preferred.

Let us know how it goes! We're hoping this will work for you.

Many thanks,
Mary

0 Kudos