Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Replacing Roku Stick Remote and Channel Buttons

I have a Roku stick with remote. Several of the navigation buttons are not responding to an easy touch. They require me to push down hard and then slightly roll in order to advance left, right, up, down, back.

I assume the remote is worn out and I need a replacement. However; the only one offered has a voice response and I don't want anything with a microphone in it. I'm really disappointed with Roku for forcing people even further into voice technology. I don't want microphones. 

Any solutions from the community would be helpful since Roku doesn't seem to want direct contact with its customers.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Replacing Roku Stick Remote and Channel Buttons

And your model of roku stick? Is it purple? And the microphone won't work unless the key is pressed down, anyway there is no remote without iyt that controls roku sticks, you would have to move to the roku express or premiere and then a simple IR remote would work. Or a cheap universal remote. 

Edmund
0 Kudos