Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pluviosilla
Level 7

Replacing Controller for Roku Ultra | HD/4K/HDR

Just over 6 months ago we purchased a Roku Ultra HD/4K/HDR Streaming Media Player.

The controller just stopped working and we are shopping for a replacement, but nothing on Amazon.com looks exactly like the the controller that came with our Roku unit.

(1) How can we be sure we are buying a replacement controller that is compatible with our  Roku Ultra HD/4K/HDR?

(2) Once we identify and purchase a replacement controller, how will we configure it to work with our particular Roku device?

Thanks,

John Strong

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4\
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Replacing Controller for Roku Ultra | HD/4K/HDR

You won't find remote with headphone jack as your original ultra on amazon. Roku sells current ultra remote with the extra 1 & 2 keys to hold a voice search, it will work with your ultra. Second remote on this page:

https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/player

Once you get replacement remote to pair, unplug the ultra, plug it back in when roku starts bouncing press and hold the pairing key in the battery compartment, when it stops bouncing release the button and start pressing again until you get a confirmation its paired,

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
pluviosilla
Level 7

Thanks very much for the prompt reply and the link!

Unfortunately, I'm in Mexico and the website is redirecting me to a Spanish-language page that is not the one you wanted to show me. It is a constant headache for us expats that when companies localize their websites, they frequently introduce a design flaw that makes their server reject explicit URLs and redirect you to irrelevant localized information. And localized web software is almost never properly tested, so they never find these bugs. It is especially exasperating when you need a precise link, as I do right now.

Amazon is not as bad. Could you possibly give me an option on Amazon?

Thanks in advance for your trouble, - John

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Sorry I couldn't find one, the model number you want is RC-AL4. Do you need a headphone jack? There is the thinner non-headphone jack wifi voice remote on amazon its the RC-AL7R:

https://www.amazon.com/Roku-Voice-Remote-Official-Players/dp/B07WVFCKSS/ref=pd_cart_vw_crc_2_1/136-4...

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
pluviosilla
Level 7

I was hoping you might provide a model number. THANKS! You went the extra mile. Thanks so much for taking time!

0 Kudos