Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
byrnsr
Level 7

Replacement remote, no pairing button

Bought a new remote for my roku express off Amazon so I could have one with the power button and volume controls. There is no pairing button under the battery cap. I’ve reset the roku, I’ve used brand new batteries. Nothing works. And of course you can’t call anyone at Roku. Roku your support is god awful and I doubt I’ll ever purchase your product again. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Replacement remote, no pairing button

@byrnsr 

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: How do I resolve problems with my Roku IR (infrared) remote?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 20

The only roku remotes with tv power and volume without a pairing key are Roku tv IR remotes, which is useless on a stand alone roku like the express. There is the Onn IR roku smart soundbar with tv power and volume keys but they're not sold separately and you can't find one on ebay. You bought the wrong remote, sorry. 

Only wifi remotes have tv controls, and if your express is 3700 it won't work with wifi remote. You want remote that controls your roku and tv, get a cheap universal remote from target or dollar store. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
khudak55
Level 7

Is there any way for me to use my Comcast remote XR11 to control my Roku Express?

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 20

If it takes 5 digit codes, then its an UEI made remote, UEI remote roku codes include 03061, 02371?

Edmund
0 Kudos