Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Replacement remote for Roku Model 3600X

I have a Roku Streaming Stick 3600x in Brazil.
I lost control of it and bought the RC-AL2 model but it didn't connect to my roku.
I am now buying the RC-AL7 model and I would like to know if this model will work and connect to my roku 3600x.

I appreciate the help.
0 Kudos
9 Replies
Level 20

Re: Replacement remote for Roku Model 3600X

Yes, both of those remote models should work with your 3600 stick. The 3600 original remote was the rc-al2. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Level 7

I bought an RC-AL2. But it didn't work. I put it to match my 3600x, but it doesn't connect. That's why I'm buying an AL7.

0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Geekfer 

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support pages here:
How do I set up my Roku® enhanced "point-anywhere" remote?
How do I resolve problems with my Roku® enhanced "point-anywhere" remote?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Level 7

I've done it all. Did not work. But I hit the reset on my roku 3600x. It is not connected to any network. Would this be a problem?

0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Geekfer 

Thanks for the post.

If you factory reset your Roku device (pressing and holding down the reset button for 30 seconds), when the device starts up again, it should prompt to pair to a remote. It won't allow you to go further through setup without pairing a remote.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Level 7

I reset it, even so it asks to pair the controller, but it doesn't connect. I will try again tonight.

0 Kudos
Level 7

Hi guys,

I'm having the exact same problem. Lost my original remote that came with my 3600x streaming stick a couple of months ago and recently bought the RC-AL2 remote. I had factory reseted my Roku, so what happens is that when I arrive at the "remote pairing screen", I press the botton inside the battery compartment of my remote until it begins to flash, and then I get the "pairing remote" screen on my TV, which lasts for a few seconds and goes away as it had finished pairing, but the remote simply doesn't work. I tried removing the Roku from power, pressing the pairing button again and the same things happen. Could someone PLEASE help me? Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Level 7

Hi again,

I found an apparent solution at Reddit, in which a Roku representative said this:

There is a known workaround for this if you happen to have access to a newer Roku player, like a 3800X. The workaround involves pairing to a 3800X, allowing the software of the remote to update, and then it will work for a 3600X. If you don't have access to a 3800X, send us a PM with your serial number!

So perhaps we could get this help here?

0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@jahrthur 

Thanks for the posts.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos