Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Replacement remote for 3500X streaming stick

Jump to solution

@ikess 

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

We no longer offer a replacement remote for the Roku Streaming Stick model 3500. However, we would be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running.

Please feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku device (printed on the side/back of the device) and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further. Meanwhile you can use the free Roku mobile app as a replacement remote control.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
sjennings38
Level 8

Jump to solution

Hi, I just moved and I want to set up my Roku Streaming Stick 3500X to the internet. But, all of a sudden my remote is not working (I tried everything the original poster of this thread tried). I see that I cannot get a replacement remote. You also keep mentioning visiting the contact support center, but because I have a 3500X, I cannot speak to anyone on the phone or online. That is a bit ridiculous. The community pages are not going to fix my issue. I would use the Roku App, but I can't because I can't hook my Roku Streaming Stick to the internet without the remote.

1. Is there another way I can set up the internet to my current Roku streaming stick 3500X without using a remote?

2. Do I now have to pay $30 to buy an entirely new device when the one I have works perfectly well (except for the remote?)

3. Is there anyway to get in touch with a human being who can help me?

Thanks,

A frustrated customer

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 14

Jump to solution

If the 3500 stick was controlled via phone app, and roku hasn't been reset, change your current modem/router to same network name and passcode as your old one.

0 Kudos
sjennings38
Level 8

Jump to solution
Unfortunately, it wasn’t controlled with the app before. Oh well. Going to buy a whole new Roku.
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 14

Jump to solution

Well the roku stick + is on sale $29.99, that original had msrp of $70. Great roku and fast.

sjennings38
Level 8

Jump to solution
Yes, thank you! Just got one. So happy about the sale.

Jump to solution

Hi there,

I also have a remote for a streaming stick 3500x that has stopped working. I have replaced the batteries and reset the remote. I have also attempted to use the customer service page but am told that my issue is not one an agent can help with. I am using my phone as a remote for now but that's not a feasible long-term solution. Please let me know how I can get a replacement remote.

Thanks,

Charles

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 14

Jump to solution

There are no replacement remotes available anymore, not that they are out of them, there will NEVER be replacement!!! So you replace the roku instead, with black Friday prices for roku is about the cost of remote.

sjennings38
Level 8

Jump to solution
Yeah the deal at target for the Roku streaming stick+ was as cheap as a new remote. It’s so stupid that you can’t get any customer service support if you have a 3500X. They’re not even that old. I just lie when I call and say I have the newer one so I can speak to someone. I would recommend that. But they can’t get you a remote so don’t call about that because it’s a waste of time.
0 Kudos
sjennings38
Level 8

Jump to solution
And when I mean as cheap as a new remote, I mean the remotes for the models that are newer than the 3500X. Those new remotes won’t work for the 3500X, which is dumb.
0 Kudos