Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
readboutjc
Level 7

Re: Replacement remote for 3500X streaming stick

Jump to solution

Thanks Danny, but how do I send you a private message?  I don't see a link anywhere on your profile to do so.

0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@readboutjc 

To send a private message:
If using a desktop browser - click on the envelope on the top right hand side of the page (next to your avatar).

If using a mobile browser - click on my profile page, and find the Contact Me section, where you can find the Send this user a private message button.

For more information regarding sending a private message, please see the thread: Welcome to the Community

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
KiamberJ
Level 7

Jump to solution
I do not have a remote for my roku device. My wifi is not connected to my roku 3500 streaming stick. I have downloaded all kinds of roku remote apps in it still not working for my device. It telling me that my phone and my roku have to be on the same wifi however my wifi is working on my phone and other devices in my home just not working on one particular device. Can you please help me?? Do I need another remote?? Do I have to buy another roku streaming stick?? Please give me a response back. Thank you!!
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 15

Jump to solution

@KiamberJ wrote:
I do not have a remote for my roku device. My wifi is not connected to my roku 3500 streaming stick. I have downloaded all kinds of roku remote apps in it still not working for my device. It telling me that my phone and my roku have to be on the same wifi however my wifi is working on my phone and other devices in my home just not working on one particular device. Can you please help me?? Do I need another remote?? Do I have to buy another roku streaming stick?? Please give me a response back. Thank you!!

It seems Roku no longer offers a replacement remote for the 3500 Stick. Because the Stick does not support IR control, there are no 3rd party remotes that will work with it. No app will be able to control the Stick unless both the mobile device and the Roku are connected to the same network. Unfortunately, that's where you stand. Even if you could find a replacement remote, it would likely cost as much as purchasing a new Roku device. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
KiamberJ
Level 7

Jump to solution
Thank you so very much. I will just have to buy another roku device.
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

My 3500x streaming stick still starts up but my remote stopped working. I have tried everything to get it to work. Where can I get a replacement remote?

0 Kudos
Felt97
Level 7

I need help with my Roku stick and no remote control

Jump to solution

Can I please get a phone number or a call back I don't have time to keep emailing or texting I have 3 grandkids that i'm dealing with [personal information removed]... thank you frustrated customer

[post merged with already existing related thread]

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 15

Re: I need help with my Roku stick and no remote control

Jump to solution

Please don't post your personal information on a public forum. You're just asking for scammers to contact you. Smiley Sad

We don't know what model Stick you have. Roku no longer offers a replacement remote for the 3500, but they do for the 3600 and later models. You might find a used remote on EBay, but you'll most likely spend as much as you would for a whole new Roku. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@thetastymonkey 

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

We no longer offer a replacement remote for the Roku Streaming Stick model 3500. However, we would be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running.

Please feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku device (printed on the side/back of the device) and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further. Meanwhile you can use the free Roku mobile app as a replacement remote control.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

The whole problem with that is that I have been using the phone app for a few months because of the remote and the streaming stick seems to have decided to lose the saved wireless info so I cannot even talk to it anymore. It just boots up and goes to the main screen.

I also do not know how to sent info to you via a private message. I cannot find a link or anything that would tell me how to do this.

0 Kudos