Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jeffrok
Level 11

Re: Replacement remote for 3500X streaming stick

Jump to solution
"Tivoburkee" wrote:
see this one on ebay;

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-ROKU-RC80-Streaming-Box-Remote-Control-w-Battery-Cover-great-shape-...

That won't work with a Roku Stick of any kind, let alone a 3500x. They need RF to work.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 12

Jump to solution
"jeffrok" wrote:
"Tivoburkee" wrote:
see this one on ebay;

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-ROKU-RC80-Streaming-Box-Remote-Control-w-Battery-Cover-great-shape-...

That won't work with a Roku Stick of any kind, let alone a 3500x. They need RF to work.

WRONG!! See the pairing key in the battery compartment of each ad, and those are model #s included with 3500 sticks.
0 Kudos
jeffrok
Level 11

Jump to solution
"Tivoburkee" wrote:
"jeffrok" wrote:
"Tivoburkee" wrote:
see this one on ebay;

WRONG!! See the pairing key in the battery compartment of each ad, and those are model #s included with 3500 sticks.

I'll take your word, and I stand corrected then!
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
estrode154
Level 7

Jump to solution
Good Afternoon,

I also have the 3500 model (purple) streaming stick for which the remote no longer works.  I had been using the app on my phone to control the stick, but after a power outage at home, the stick no longer connects to my internet, so the app can no longer find my device.
0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution
@estrode154

Thanks letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing. 

We don't currently offer a replacement remote for the model 3500 Roku Streaming Stick.

Feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address and I can get you in touch with our support team for more assistance from there. 

Thanks,
Danny
Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Sweetpjeb23
Level 7

Jump to solution
Since my remote just decided to stop working for literally zero reason I would LOVE to be able to use my phone with my stick. However, my stick has reset itself and it’s telling me to pair the remote. That would be fabulous if I had one that worked. Or if I was even able to buy one. I hate to be the Karen that says “you just lost a customer” but... y’all really lost a customer and I won’t recommend Roki to anyone because who even does that? Guess I’ll save up and get an Apple TV instead. At least I know those work consistently.
0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Sweetpjeb23 

Thanks letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing. 

We don't currently offer a replacement remote for the model 3500 Roku Streaming Stick.

Feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address and I can get you in touch with our support team for more assistance from there. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
p3karen
Level 7

Jump to solution

it works with my roku 3 voice remote

0 Kudos
readboutjc
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have the same problem.  We recently moved and I can't find the remote to my 3500 stick.  All the boxes have been emptied and it's nowhere to be found.  Can anyone let me know how to go about getting a new remote.? 

I tried the customer support page, but I can't find the answer and the page keeps looping me back to reading articles.  There is no chat, email alternative or phone number.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Rob

0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you are experiencing.

We no longer offer a replacement remote for the Roku Streaming Stick model 3500. However, we would be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running.

Please feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku device (printed on the side/back of the device) and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further. Meanwhile you can use the free Roku mobile app as a replacement remote control.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos