Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ClaireTM
Level 7

Re: Can't use my streaming stick 3500x without the remote

Jump to solution

@Tivoburkee 

Unfortunately the phone app isn't seeing the 3500x. It's grayed-out on the app. And the device is asking to pair the remote. The app and the device have to be on the same network, according to the app. So the stick is on the old network, while the app is on the home location.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 14

Jump to solution

@ClaireTM 

The cell phone shouldn't be used as source for the internet roku needs to work. A home modem or router should, then have cell phone and stick using the same network name and passcode, matching the one from your prevous place.

Without the original remote and since you can't get in to roku to change the internet setup. Its worthless, toss it, sorry.

0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Setup Streaming Stick without Original Remote

Jump to solution

@AGreen0007 @ClaireTM 

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

We no longer offer a replacement remote for the Roku Streaming Stick model 3500. However, we would be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running.

Please feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku device (printed on the side/back of the device) and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Trmartello
Level 7

Purple hdmi roku stick no remote to pair

Jump to solution

I bought a roku purple streaming stick. I reset the stick. Now it wants me to pair the remote. I dont have a remote. Can I pair it to a mobile app?

[post merged with already existing thread]

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

Re: Purple hdmi roku stick no remote to pair

Jump to solution

@Trmartello wrote:
I bought a roku purple streaming stick. I reset the stick. Now it wants me to pair the remote. I dont have a remote. Can I pair it to a mobile app?

@Trmartello 

Only if the Stick is already connected to a network, which is highly unlikely. The mobile app only works when both the phone and the Roku are connected to the same private wireless network.

The purple Stick is the model 3500, for which Roku no longer offers a replacement remote. The 3500 was released in March 2014, so a quite old device. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
ClaireTM
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks, though, for trying.

0 Kudos
ClaireTM
Level 7

Re: Setup Streaming Stick without Original Remote

Jump to solution

Thank you, I'll do that when I get a chance tomorrow.

0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Purple hdmi roku stick no remote to pair

Jump to solution

@Trmartello 

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

We no longer offer a replacement remote for the Roku Streaming Stick model 3500. However, we would be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running.

Please feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku device (printed on the side/back of the device) and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further. Meanwhile you can use the free Roku mobile app as a replacement remote control.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
derek1311
Level 7

Remote batteries on Streaming Stick Draining Quickly

Jump to solution

My batteries for the purple streaming stick Remote last about only 2 weeks. What is going on???

0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Remote batteries on Streaming Stick Draining Quickly

Jump to solution

@derek1311 

Please feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku device (printed on the side/back of the device) and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further. Meanwhile you can use the free Roku mobile app as a replacement remote control.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos