Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KCoda
Level 7

Replacement Remote - can’t find one! - P/N 3226000088

Jump to solution

I have what I BELIEVE to be the first streaming stick. It’s not sleek like the kind that look like regular USB drives. It’s more squarish, purple and white, with the S/N stickers, etc., on it. The remote is PN 3226000088. It has a pairing button inside the battery case and light outside bottom front. Buttons say:

Netflix.  Amazon

rdio.  Mgo

i stopped working and I have tried everything but I cannot find a replacement. Can someone tell me what new-fangled, redesigned remote will work for me? Perhaps and Amazon link?

Thank you so much!

[post merged with already existing thread]

0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Replacement Remote - can’t find one! - P/N 3226000088

Jump to solution

@sjennings38 @charlesdanhof @KCoda 

Thanks for the inquiry.

We no longer offer a replacement remote for the Roku Streaming Stick model 3500. However, we would be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running.

Please feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku device (printed on the side/back of the device) and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further. Meanwhile you can use the free Roku mobile app as a replacement remote control.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
atc98092
Level 16

Re: Replacement remote for 3500X streaming stick

Jump to solution

@sjennings38 wrote:
It’s so stupid that you can’t get any customer service support if you have a 3500X. They’re not even that old. 

Well, the 3500 was first released in March 2014, so that is kinda old for electronic devices. Roku has made huge improvements in all their devices, but most especially the Stick players. While I agree it's strange that a 3600 remote won't work on a 3500, since they're both WiFi Direct, it is what it is. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
KCoda
Level 7

Re: Replacement Remote - can’t find one! - P/N 3226000088

Jump to solution

Sent it privately to sjennings38 by mistake. Can you retrieve?

0 Kudos
whatev
Level 7

Jump to solution

By now, most people would have just given up and bought a new stick. So many 3500x's are for sale on E-Bay with NO REMOTE that it is clear that this product is a joke. Your failure to support this model is a typical example of corporate greed. HACKERS TAKE NOTE: THIS PRODUCT NEEDS A KNOCKOFF REMOTE CONTROLLER. I suspect thousands of perfectly good devices are going into the garbage everyday because Roku "does not support this device". The fact that no other manufacturer has attempted to supply this need for replacement controllers suggests the possibility of illegal monopolistic practices.

For myself, I have NO interest in dealing with a new device while a perfectly good device I have already purchased is polluting some landfill. Your app is not a universal solution. Some members of my family who don't use cell phones just won't use Roku at all.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 14

Jump to solution

Lets see in couple of days Netflix will cease working on it, it won't ever get apple TV + or Disney +, and roku itself is no longer upgrading a player this old. Just like amazon with its first generation stick and box no longer supporting it. There is no reason to come out with remote for single model that is so defunct.

0 Kudos
AGreen0007
Level 7

Setup Streaming Stick without Original Remote

Jump to solution
I have the Purple Streaming Stick the remote that came with it no longer works. And the Internet connection that I had when it did work no longer exist. I've downloaded the app and tried to use the remote but it doesn't work. I also have a Roku Express and I tried using it's remote but it doesn't work either. Just wanting to know is the stick no longer good without Original remote? Or is there a way to connect this device to my current internet and still be able to use it?
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 14

Re: Setup Streaming Stick without Original Remote

Jump to solution

@AGreen0007 

Without your own working remote sorry but useless, and there is no replacement remotes available any longer. Toss it.

0 Kudos
ClaireTM
Level 7

Can't use my streaming stick 3500x without the remote

Jump to solution

Hi,

We had a burglary at our beach place and they stole the remote for the 3500x streaming stick. Well, okay, I used the app on my phone as the remote and all was well. However, because I needed a Roku that would support YouTube TV for that place I bought a new streaming stick for the beach house and brought the #3500x home

BUT--when I went to use it on our home TV I couldn't set it up without the original remote. It won't program without that remote. There is apparently no way to set it up with the phone app?

What do I do now, since there isn't a replacement remote for the #3500x? I just can't use it anymore?

Thanks,

Claire

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 14

Re: Can't use my streaming stick 3500x without the remote

Jump to solution

@ClaireTM 

In the new location try changing internet network name and passcode to match the previous places, which the 3500 still knows.

0 Kudos