Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

second hand Roku does not connect

Jump to solution

Hello all

My neighbour gave to us his old purple Roku stick. No remote control. He said I need to download an app on my iphone which I did. I plugged it on the smart tv and it prompts me to set it up (language set up, sync my remote etc). Obviously we do not have the remote so cannot do that. I downloaded the ROKU app on my Iphone and it keeps searching without result. When I go to Manual set up on the app, it asks for the IP address of the ROKU. I log in to my router and I cannot see the ROKU as ROKU, only something that appears as an 'Android' which might be it. Nevertheless, when I put that IP the app says that there is no ROKU with that IP address. 

My questions are:

1. Has my ROKU connected automatically to our network (as it is plugged in on the smart TV which is connected to it?). Or there is a chance that it is still connecting to my neighbours' wifi with the network and password they had? I have reset it so many times and I thought it would connect to ours automatically. 

2. On our TV's Wifi-Direct set up, finds it as Direct-roku-229-E7E978. I ask it to connect and the process goes on fine and in the end it says connected. Does this means it has connected also to our Wifi?

Basically, we do not understand why then it is not detected by the Roku App on my iphone? 

Many thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: second hand Roku does not connect

Jump to solution

No to all, that roku is worthless without a true remote, which isn't available anymore for the 3500 stick, the purple one. A roku doesn't have a IP until it actually is setup with network and password, which can't do without a remote. 

The Direct-roku is roku trying to communicate with its remote, it can't get internet off of this. And so useless to you. Chuck it, a new remote if there was one would cost $20, where you can get a brand new roku with remote for $30. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hello, thanks so much! You confirmed that I was not doing anything wrong. I spent hours on this trying to get it to work. Best to chuck away! Huge thanks. 

Highlighted
Level 7

Contact form Glitch won’t allow entering required info

Jump to solution

Hi, 

I’m trying to contact about a remote replacement for the 3500X model. All the email contact forms are dark, not allowing me to put in the required info like name & email & then when I try to hit enter it outlines those lines in red but won’t allow me to select those lines and enter text. Tried multiple browsers and devices, seems to be an issue on your end. Is there a direct email?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Contact form Glitch won’t allow entering required info

Jump to solution

@loraexplora 

Sorry but there is absolutely no remote replacement available for the 3500 purple stick. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Luckieford @Janet67 @loraexplora 

We no longer offer a replacement remote for the Roku Streaming Stick model 3500. However, we would be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running.

Please feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number on your Roku device (printed on the side/back of the device) and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I’m directing this to the Roku company, there are other threads about how to get a replacement 3600 for a 3500 from the company. But the form that it links to has a glitch. I’m not asking for help from a random customer, thanks. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20

Jump to solution

@loraexplora wrote:

I’m directing this to the Roku company, there are other threads about how to get a replacement 3600 for a 3500 from the company. But the form that it links to has a glitch. I’m not asking for help from a random customer, thanks. 

Send a private message to either @RokuDanny-R with the serial number of your 3500 and they'll help you out via PM.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Missing remote

Jump to solution

Help! My I have lost my roku 3500x remote! I took it on vacation with me. Hooked it to the hotel Wifi and used it while I was on vacation. And when I got home the remote never made it back with me. My roku stick is still attached to the hotel WiFi so I can’t just use my roku app remote. Or reset the wifi from their either! Am I just SOL? Can't find a new remote anywhere and I'm really reluctant to throw away my stick. I love my roku! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Missing remote

Jump to solution

There are no replacement remotes for the 3500 stick, sorry. Even there were it would cost $20 for remote by itself. Where can get a brand up to date roku with a remote for $30, if still on sale $25. 

https://www.roku.com/products/players

Yes, the roku express is on sale for $24.99.

Edmund
0 Kudos