Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Replacement remote for 3500X streaming stick

Jump to solution

@fiveandahalf wrote:

Hello,

I have the same problem in finding a replacement remote.  I read in the thread to pm you with my roku email and serial number of my roku 3500x.  the app on my phone will not work as i have changed routers and cant not connect to my roku via my wireless network.  im trying to find a solution to continue to use my current roku 3500x streaming stick.  Thank you for the help.

Jason Solt 

Roku 3500X Serial #: 2L64AE092549

Jason, please remove your email address from your post. It's a sure way for scammers to attempt to reach you.

While you work with Roku for a solution, you might try remaining the SSID of your wireless network to the name your previous router used, and also use the same password. That way your Roku Stick should be able to reconnect to the network, assuming it was the last network it had connected to. If you had attempted to connect it to any other network, then that trick likely won't work, but since you don't have a working remote that shouldn't be an issue. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

wont work renaming ssid.  already tried.  difference in security types between routers.  just need a new remote

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

Jump to solution

@fiveandahalf wrote:

wont work renaming ssid.  already tried.  difference in security types between routers.  just need a new remote

Copy that. Always have to suggest it. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Roku offered me a percentage off one on their site that came to about $2.00 less than on Amazon. As I shopped I cough a deal I replaced mine with a 4K FireStick on sale for $26.00. A descent off would have kept off that website. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

No remote options for model 3500x stick?

Jump to solution

Is there really no option for replacing the remote for the 3500x streaming stick?  My remote disappeared after a move and I can't find one anywhere that is compatible.  The device itself is perfectly functional and it seems like a waste of money I don't have to have to replace it just for the remote.  Can I get advice from an agent/moderator?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: No remote options for model 3500x stick?

Jump to solution

@cgaraudy 

We no longer offer a replacement remote for the Roku Streaming Stick model 3500. However, we would be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running.

Please feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku device (printed on the side/back of the device) and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Streaming Stick - need a remote.

Jump to solution

So what are we supposed to do if we need a new remote for the purple streaming stick? It looks like you guys are saying you no longer make it. So does this mean my money’s now wasted and I have to go spend again for another product just because the remote got broken? And no I can’t use the app I have tried and it won’t pair because we moved recently and have a different WiFi network than previously which I can not update on the stick without a working real remote

0 Kudos
Level 16

Re: Streaming Stick - need a remote.

Jump to solution

Even if the 3500 stick did respond to current wifi remotes available, the cheapest is $19.99. Not much more you can get brand new express or if its still on sale the roku premiere, cost about $30. Many channels no longer work with purple stick anyways, and new channels coming won't work at all. Yes, get a new roku, save your self the aggravation of dealing with such an old piece of technology. The model is 5 years old. 

And getting a roku that responds to IR remote, any cheap universal from the dollar store would control it if something happened to oem remote. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Replacement remote stick 3500

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Replacement remote stick 3500

Jump to solution

Roku no longer offers a replacement remote that works on the 3500. Send a private message to @RokuDanny-R or @RokuTannerD with your serial number and account email address and they can try to assist. Please don't post that information here in the forum. Good way for spammers to get your email address. 

Dan
0 Kudos