Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Colette64
Level 7

Replacement remote doesn't have a pair button

I don't have a Roku tv just the little Roku box hooked up to my tv. My original remote stopped working so I was using the app on my phone. That was great for a few months until my phone told me it doesn't see any devices. Without a functioning remote I'm stuck. So I ordered a replacement remote and it does nothing. No Pairing button on back. I have a Roku 2 box. Any suggestions??

Colette

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Replacement remote doesn't have a pair button

If it doesn't have a pairing button it's IR and requires a direct line of sight to the front of your Roku box.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Replacement remote non-pairing to Roku 2 doesn't work

If you have two remotes that don't work with your roku then its the roku thats the problem, a hundred remotes won't fix the roku if its no longer accepting IR remote signals. The cellphone app doesn't use IR, Wifi, or bluetooth, it uses the internet. A roku 2 can be old enough it uses bluetooth remotes which current rokus don't, newer roku use wifi direct remotes a different form of RF.  I would just upgrade the roku to new model that comes with working remote. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos