Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cardude10
Level 7

Replacement Remote Ultra

Jump to solution

I have Roku Ultra model # 4640X which has lost remote finder button . now on the roku website which of the remote will work as remote finder if I press the lost remote finder on roku.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Level 20

Re: Replacement Remote Ultra

Jump to solution

They are very different, one is small without a headphone, and the other huge with a headphone jack. The $29.99 now has programmable 1 & 2 keys to hold voice search prompt. And it will work with your two year old model. I had it working on a two year old premiere +. Not the headphone but the programmable buttons yes. 

Edmund

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Tivoburkee
Level 20

Jump to solution

The second one listed the $29.99 Voice remote. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
cardude10
Level 7

Jump to solution

Reviews on amazon says enhanced voice remote doesn’t work with remote finder.

Have you tried it ,

0 Kudos
cardude10
Level 7

Jump to solution

My Roku model is 4640 X and second remote for $29.99 lists model Roku Ultra (model 4670) so that’s why the confusion.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 20

Jump to solution

Yes, I have it set to cat meow and drives my cat crazy each time I press it. I had the remote before I had an Ultra. It may have been the $19.99 voice remote that didn't work with remote finder.  It doesn't matter what Ultra you have, it will work. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
cardude10
Level 7

Jump to solution

It will be better it Roku posted which remote works with remote finder as both the remote $19.99 and $29.99 are quite similar in functionality.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 20

Jump to solution

They are very different, one is small without a headphone, and the other huge with a headphone jack. The $29.99 now has programmable 1 & 2 keys to hold voice search prompt. And it will work with your two year old model. I had it working on a two year old premiere +. Not the headphone but the programmable buttons yes. 

Edmund

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
cardude10
Level 7

Jump to solution

So what other things didn’t work besides headphone which will be great if it works .

Ok if headphone doesn’t work .. yeah my ultra is 2 years old still works.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 20

Jump to solution

The premiere didn't come with remote with a headphone jack, so that is a feature that just didn't work, where your Ultra did come with a headphone jack remote. The new remotes have tv controls that your original remote lacked, it will work on yours. Buy it, or don't, I'm through. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
cardude10
Level 7

Jump to solution

Voice remote Didn’t work with remote finder .

no sound at all when I pressed the remote finder just and FYI for others.

0 Kudos