Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Replacement Remote Doesn't work

I just purchased a replacement remote by clicking an ad that appeared on my roku device. Remote does not work with the device.  Has anyone had this issue? #remote

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Level 10

Re: Replacement Remote Doesn't work

I don't what kinds of devices are involved so a few general ideas: Wi-Fi remotes need to be paired.  IR remotes don't work with streaming sticks.

0 Kudos
Level 21

You need to give the model number of the Roku from Settings->System->About and the model number of the remote written inside the battery compartment.

0 Kudos
Level 7

3500x is the model number for roku and the remote is rc68

0 Kudos
Level 20

Sorry you're out luck. Smiley Sad The Rc68 is IR remote. Your 3500 stick only takes RF remote, a RF remote that no longer available, not that its sold out they just don't make one that will work with 3500 stick. The 3500 stick isn't worth buying a new remote even it were available. Upgrade to new one with the sales is $22 now for the cheapest roku.

Edmund
0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Toiharold 

Thanks for the post.

As stated by @Tivoburkee, we no longer offer a replacement remote for the Roku Streaming Stick model 3500. However, we would be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running.

Please feel free to send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku device (printed on the side/back of the device) and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further. Meanwhile you can use the free Roku mobile app as a replacement remote control.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos