Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Replaced TV

I just recently replaced my Samsung tv. My Roku was originally set up with the older (Samsung) tv. I plugged the Roku into the new (Samsung) tv, and the remote is not working. I’m unable to access the settings in Roku because, again, the remote is not recognizing this new TV. How can I connect the remote to the new tv without using the remote?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Level 20

Re: Replaced TV

A roku remote only controls the tv power and volume, nothing else. You need the tv remote to switch the tv to the correct input the roku is plugged into, nothing should have changed between the roku and its remote just because you have attached to different tv. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Level 10

I'm guessing the OP had HDMI-CEC (Samsung calls it something like Anynet) set up on the old combination so the TV switched to the Roku automatically. (It's just my experience that people who use an automation for years tend to forget they ever had to do something manually.)

0 Kudos
Level 20

Then they should refresh cec devices in the menu of the tv. Nothing needs to be done on the roku side. 

Edmund
0 Kudos