Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnbhertz
Level 7

Replace Remote RC80

Jump to solution

My remote RC80 only work intermittently and needs to be replaced. Will the "Voice Activated" remote being offered by Roku work in its place? Thanks much for your advice!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Level 21

Re: Replace Remote RC80

Jump to solution

Being black in color it is the 3600 stick, and so the $19.99 voice remote will work fine. I have two nephews in the house using 3600 sticks with new rc-al7 voice remotes with mute key. You'll have tv controls unlike the your rc80 remote. 

Edmund

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Tivoburkee
Level 21

Jump to solution

That depends on the model of roku you used the rc80 on, if it were 3500 purple the answer will be no. If it was a 3600 black roku stick then the $19.99 voice remote will work on it. What model of roku do you have?

Edmund
0 Kudos
johnbhertz
Level 7

Jump to solution

I really appreciate your help. I just pulled the Roku Stick off my TV, but all it has is the SN of the number of the device. There is not other information on it. The flip side just syas Roku. The color is black if that helps.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 21

Jump to solution

Being black in color it is the 3600 stick, and so the $19.99 voice remote will work fine. I have two nephews in the house using 3600 sticks with new rc-al7 voice remotes with mute key. You'll have tv controls unlike the your rc80 remote. 

Edmund

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
johnbhertz
Level 7

Jump to solution

thanks again!

0 Kudos