Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Campbell7
Reel Rookie

Remove remote battery life indicator on screen

Has anyone got an answer yet to turn battery life indicator off

23 REPLIES 23
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Re: Remove remote battery life indicator on screen

There isn’t one and why would you want to turn it off? I only see mine when I need to replace the batteries. That’s like every 6 months or so

0 Kudos
Campbell7
Reel Rookie

Mine comes on all the time. Replace batteries and it lasts about a week. Have 3 roku s and this is the only one that does this. This is the remote with volume control on side.

TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Are you positive the message isn’t from your TV? How old is the Roku? Which model? Have you tried doing a factory reset on the Roku and repairing the remote? 

0 Kudos
Campbell7
Reel Rookie

Message from roku. Roku is about 8 mts old. I did pair remote about 2 weeks ago. I see a lot of other people are having the same problem but can’t find solution 

TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

There are not a lot of people with this issue. This post is 2 years old. Have you tried doing a factory reset? Exactly what batteries are you using with it? Have you tried swapping the Roku remotes around to another Roku? You say you have multiple Roku’s‘s are they all the same? I own three Roku streaming sticks about four years old and I have no problems with any of the remotes. I also on one Roku ultra and two Roku TVs and none of those have problems with the remote. Your device is under warranty if you really want to pursue it you can use the chat or email. Low quality generic batteries could also cause it. Try using top-of-the-line Duracell or energizer batteries. Roku’s are cheap. You can claim a warranty or you can just buy another one you can get them for less than $40

0 Kudos
Campbell7
Reel Rookie

Thanks I will try better battery . Other 2 roku work fine. Just this new one brings up battery indicator even when battery not dead.

TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Please try the other things I mentioned also. Using generic batteries is never a good thing. I always use Duracell Coppertop or Energizer Lithi um 

0 Kudos
Emissary35
Roku Guru

It doesn't matter what type of batteries you use, I've used Rayovac, Duracell and Energizer and they all drain quickly and get the low battery message. I never use cheap brand batteries. I have three different Roku voice remotes that I use connected to three different Rokus and the low battery annoyance happens on ALL of them!

To the person who said "why would you want to?" when asked if there was a way to turn off the low battery message on the screen. I want to! Because I'm sick of seeing it spamming my screen, it malfunctions and starts giving you low battery warnings even when the batteries still have several weeks of life left to them. I will change my batteries when I press buttons and they no longer work! Then I know my batteries are no good! I don't need Roku telling me to change batteries when they want me to, there should be a way to turn this annoying pop up message off!

TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

@Emissary35  You cannot disable the message. If you could there would be a way and it would be within the menu. exactly how long do you get out of the batteries? Mine lasts about 6 months or longer